• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

euro spears

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

czspearfisher

May 28, 2004
alright i have a question about spears for a euro gun. now i am gonna nake my own euro gun, something like a omer master america and i am gonna use a imersion handle and i need to know which spear is better a imersion or a picasso spear. i and going to buy all my things from scubastore.com and those are the two different kinds of spears. thanks for the help

Seatec makes the best European shafts. Period.
If you need them, PM me.

Mikko

HI czspearfisher, I'm also building my own wooden gun and I also plan to use an Imersion handle. Actually I'm just about to go to the store and get it :) I don't have access to Seatec shafts here in Bulgaria, that's why I was wondering if the Imersion shafts are any good? Are they better than OMER or no? I'm talking about 6mm or 6.3mm ones.

If you can't buy anything else the picasso shafts are slightly better.
The best though are Seatec and Devoto shafts.
Euroshaft is very good but a bit pricey! (not to mention that they don't make them with double floppers)

Gladion,

I have couple of Eurosub shafts, they hold quite good, yes they are bit expensive. They are 25 euro here. Only thing i know about them is they made in France. Do you have anymore specific knowledge about it?

Few weeks ago, OMER representor came over here and liked those shafts too. He took few sample and said he will advise OMER to replace shaft production with Eurosub...

Murat,

Are you sure that the Riffe Euroshaft is the same with Eurosub??
If they are the same (I doubt that) you buy them at the most ridicoulus price ever!!!
Please tell me!!!

Last edited:
i guess they are not same, do you have link for those spears?

czspearfisher said:
i need to know which spear is better a imersion or a picasso spear.

i and going to buy all my things from scubastore.com and those are the two different kinds of spears.
I cant speak for the Picasso but the Imersion has always been fine for me, the only thing that bugs me is the flopper is on top and is always sticking up :(

I use a small O-ring that is a fairly loose fit on the flopper to stop this annoying trait.
When you fire the o-ring slides down the shaft as soon as the spear penetrates the fish.You seldom lose them.

Ive tried that too it works ok dont get me wrong, I just dont understand why they just dont put the thing underneath, end of worry and hassle :)

I am not convinced that Hawaiian style floppers are better than Tahitian style ones, I have rigged both ways but am still deciding what I prefer.
I also use a shaft from Beauchat that is called a Rockpoint basically there is a very small hardened head that screws onto the front of the shaft and is removable if you shoot a "stonefish"

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT