• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Eurogun Conversion

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Can anyone advise me on how to convert my Omer alluminium into something like this.

What materials, equipment etc I would need.

Cheers.

Hi Fuzz.

Yes I read your thread with interest. I also asked some questions when you answered my Omer Aluminum post. But what the Heck, I'll ask again.

I have already ordered 2 JBL tracks. Is the adhesive on these tracks any good.

I want to know what length and diameter bands you would use on a 100 cm gun?

Here in Europe everyone uses articulated wishbones instead of dyneema or Stainless. What are the advantages of the ones you use?

What muzzle did you use? Any modifications needed to fit the muzzle?

Where do I buy the muzzle from?

Thanks a million

Shane

Well..

This gun in the picture belongs to Amphibious. Unfortunatelly OMER dont produce open muzzle to install theirs guns. You can buy some good ones from the net. Wong has producing nice open muzzles. Fuzz also used same.But i am sure shipping price will be bit high if you buy it from usa. Anyway for wishbone issue:
I am currently using stailess steel one and i am not happy with it coz it makes some noise and sometimes cuts my shooting line if i accidentally put the line close to it :duh . I am trying to find dynema wishbone to substitude it with ss one.

Thanks Murat! Now if Fuzz would just send it back :D

I really wish I had a muzzle like that, and the carbon tube......

That's a Fuzz custom- he' the boy with the super toy. :king

That being said I did put a track on my Mundial Elite 96cm last month. but instead of going with a double band I went with one shorter 20mm.

every Euro should have a track. made my aluminum Mundial super quiet!

Willer

WHat track did you put on the gun?

Hey Amphibious, is there any special way to ensure the track is completely straight??

Thanks

Shane

If you want a nice straight line it might be worth picking up a laser pointer and using that to get a perfectly straight line.

Just make sure the beam can focus to 1mm or so at 2m.

Great Idea

Thanks a lot.

I knew I could count on one of you guys to help me out. Keep those great ideas coming.

Shane

Hehe Sometimes my memo stucks especially when the finals are waiting front door.

Shaneshac-
While this is a sweet set-up, (I think Fuzz will agree) you might want to choose another gun as opposed to completely modifying your Alluminum. It will save you quite a bit of time, effort, and plenty of cash. By putting the aftermarket muzzle on it, you are defeating one of the greatest advantages of the Eurogun. The bands will no longer be in alignment with the shaft, and the accuracy will suffer. That gun now is essentially more of a hybrid. If you are looking for a eurogun with a track, and one that you can add power without reducing accuracy, I would point you toward the OMER Master Comp. It is stiffer, has a track towards the muzzle, and a bit of a wing to reduce the muzzle flip when shooting the heavier shafts and using a second band. Just a thought.
\Matt

Thank you for the tip.

I am only going to put the rail on and leave the original muzzle. My rail arrives tommorow so I'll give it a good test at the weekend. Just got some Metalsub 20mm bands for it (possibly the most powerful on the market). Give my gun some punch.

One piece of advise is if you are using the Omer 6.3 mm shaft do not shoot at fish in caves.These shafts will bend quite easily. Mine bent at right angles by the flopper when trying to hit a grouper yesterday.

Thanks

Shane

There are few types of shaft that OMER producing. My first shaft was spring steel one and it bent at first shoot. Then i replaced it with just steel made one and there is no problem anymore. I can shoot any fish no matter where its hidding.:D .

Your shat bent coz your shaft is a bit longer than mine. I am using 6.5mm 130 cm shaft probably your shaft is not shorter than 140-150 cm. That means more momentum and your power band strech is too much for rock shooting. Great power on the shaft and its a bit heavy coz of its length. So you can expect more bent situation further.Just trying to help you.;)

Thanks a lot. I have the same length cressi shaft on my old Apache 90 with G20 bands and I can shoot rocks. The only problem being a blunt point.

What do you think of putting the shaft guide on and leaving the original muzzle. Should be a sweet set-up.

Thanks

Shane

Originally posted by shaneshac
Thanks a lot. I have the same length cressi shaft on my old Apache 90 with G20 bands and I can shoot rocks. The only problem being a blunt point.

What do you think of putting the shaft guide on and leaving the original muzzle. Should be a sweet set-up.

Thanks

Shane

You are right. My cousin using cressi apache too and he had never the bent problem wih he shaft. He jus broke it:D. Look as i know cressi shaft has higher steel density so they are more resistive against bent but you can break it relativey easily.My cousin was using apache 75 with 16mm bands and 6mm shaft after several years of using it he broke the shaft but he had never come acroos the bending problem.But of course his gun is 75 cm 16mm bands and only 6mm shaft.

Putting shaft guide may be good idea if its not cost you to much.

Originally posted by Murat
Look as i know cressi shaft has higher steel density so they are more resistive against bent but you can break it relativey easily.
You mean its harder?:hmm
Which will be due to higher carbon content and heat treatment.

Steel density... :hmm rofl
unless the Cressi has has a large % of some other metal in its "steel" shaft the density aint gonna change that much!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT