• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Europalmas Monofin?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
dragging this out again..

I have some more questions regarding mono engineering!

Can anyone compare the stiffness of a sprint fibre europalmas with any other mono? I have seen some monos that appear to be very flexible, what's better?
Also, with regards to footpockets, I have noticed a lot of people prefer the omer full footpocket. Does this help protect the feet/ support the feet/drive the mono better?? Do you know if swimmers with an open heel (such as my mat-mas, or the briere) are more prone to foot strain (does that depend more on stiffness of blade or footpocket)?
Also, do any freediving monofin swimmers actually use the forehead mounted snorkel?
Can't think of any more questions at the moment, and also lacking experience with trying various monos.. :)

Do a search on the forum using the words "monofin" or "waterways" and you will get loads of interesting info.

In general for freediving the soft models in fiberglass (waterways type) seem to be used by most of the top free divers. The hard blades are more for training or speed swimming.

The open hells are more efficient to conserve energy, but they need time to get used to them. A single 20 min try is just good to feel the pain, but day after day your feet get stronger and are more able to stand the work out.

Waterways foot pockets can be easily adjusted to your feet.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT