• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

European Bands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fuzz

Hawaiian transplant...
Sep 9, 2002
Anybody know how to shorten them? I have a mini-project gun & my 75cm's bands are too long.

Instructions would be great, a tutorial would be awesome.

check out bill kitto's site. it's a start. if you have any specific questions, let me know. and, you can terminate both sides of the wishbone, you don't have to do the adjustable like kitto shows.

good luck,
anderson

Thank you Andrsn!

Will Dyneema hold up to the rigors of those slotted shafts?

Is there any way to use the exsisting screw in wishbone?

Don't want to buy another shaft just for this little plinker gun.

my favorite thing to do is get the omer articulated wishbone. cut off the plastic pieces and you're left with a locknut on each end of the wishbone. go get some washers just a tad bigger(diameter) than the locknut and they'll help in keeping the bands on nice and safe. :cool: just have to put the smooth side of the washer's edge away from the nut, otherwise it'll cut the bands when stretched.

if you go w/ dynema (personally i'd recommend "blood line" from sterling at hana pa'a). it stands up a little better to the notches, but isn't as supple. also, on any notched shaft, you'll have to get a diamond file, one of those quasi-hook sharpeners (looks like an ice pick) and file the edges of the shaft notches so it doesn't cut the line wishbones.

good luck,
anderson

How does the factory attatch the bands or get them into those little plastic casings?

there's a steel ball bearing that keeps the threaded piece from falling off under tension. i think they have a tool that tightens/compresses the rubber at the end, then slips on the plastic piece. i'd imagine the ball bearing would be inserted after that and then the excess rubber would be trimmed on the end.

the hard part is getting the plastic piece off w/o damaging it, and i don't think you can just buy the plastic pieces by themselves, either.

later,
anderson

no kiddin, plinker gun...

Not that I want to be associated with girlie gun :girlie bands, but Blue Water Hunter's website has a real good set of photos and instructions that even a Nationals Champ could follow.

sven

Those instructions are just for changing the wishbone. I was initially curious about how to shorten the bands themselves.

BTW, I'd use my normal guns up here, but figure it's not safe to use them since the visibility is sometimes so bad I wouldn't be able to see past the tip. :hmm :t

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT