• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

EVERYBODY READ !!!!!!!!!!!!! it could be YOU!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sharmyou

Aug 13, 2002
having abandoned bifins for a mat-mas monofin, and having gained enough acquaintance with the movement so that I could descend with both arms up-head, I did a dive to 25m.
Personally i have the need to equalize Very OFTEN, say, that in 20m I equalize up to 12-14 times using the frenzel technique, but with pinching of the nose. At some point I gained such a speed, that by the time I could move my arm to the nose I had already delayd MUCH the proper time of equalizing. I felt really PAIN in both my ears, especially the left, and when I came up I WAS NOT ABLE TO IMMERSE MY HEAD OF 20 cm, without a TERRIBLE pain in my ears.
Tha night after I spit some blood, and also when i was cleaning(blowing) my nose, there was blood in the cleanex.
still today, two weeks passed, the morning when I wake up I spit a little of clotted blood. Maybe it was silly not to seek medical attention immediatlely, but I ahd been tyoo buisy and felt no discomfort in "out of water"life.

What i am going to do now is contact a doctor, but i want to reccomend everybody TO BE CAREFUL, NEVER DELAY YOUR EQUALIZING. ( obviously I am not talking to experts)

could somebody ( ERIC; HELP!!)

give advice, opinion, or REPROACH???

Andreas

Reactions: Veronika
Andreas,

Did you ever get over this and figure it out? I've a similar problem and would love to know.

From the bit of reading I've been doing getting into the sport, usually when blood starts pouring from the noze due to equalizing it's simply because people sometimes pinch their noses way too hard. At depth and surfacing the nose seems to be a bit more finicky to how you treat it.

As for the spitting up blood, when you sniffle your bloody mucus sometimes you can easily spit up blood also as the bloody mucus resides in the back of your throat.

These seem more common to me.

But of course, if you burst your drum enough to cause bleeding there's the chance it could slide back into your sinus and come out your ears, nose, and throat.

Humm I might be able to give some advice; however, keep in mind that this is my opinion.
As an commercial diver I sometimes experince that a lot of going up and down between 1-9 meters (since this is most often my work area) can claugh my sinuces,I have no prob. eq. on the way down but it can be painful to go up since the pressure has to overcome the snot :) this can cause pain an abundance of snot and some blood, this is most often nothing to worry about; howver, you shuld still go to your doctor and have him check out your ears, just to be sure that you did not pulle a type 3-5 on your ear-drumms. Since you are still getting some blood in your cleanex, it is very important that you go around and equalise that way you get clean air to your inner ear and that can help getting the blood out and preventing an enfection.
hope this helps a bit. But the morale of the story seek a doctor and have him check out your ears. just to be sure

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT