• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Excellent Catch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nesim

Jul 14, 2004
hi every one, finally the fish are back, the sea was calm!!!!
We had an excellent day on the water....
our trip started at 5 am with a 2 hour boat tow to the east coast of the UAE where we launched my 5m Gemini Rib, and started our long journey up north 90km to one of my favorite hunting grounds, totally isolated and untouched....
the catch included several GT's up to approx 35+KG, Queen Fish, Big Barracudas, Snappers, Groupers, trevali'sand a variaty of other local reef fish ,,, most of which were taken with a Picasso Carbono 110cm 7mm shaft and single power band and my favorite Rabitech 130 with 16mm +20mm band and 7mm shaft !!!!

the dives ranged between 6m - 24m, and the most spectacular sight was a HUGE King Fish (locally Known as KANAD) she was about 180-190cm long and must have weighed approx 40+KG, by far one of the largest i have ever seen, lucky for her i was at approx 18m and on my way to the surface when she appeared, shy and cautious, keeping her distance!!!!

Last edited:
Beautiful fish Nesim. 24 metres is deep hunting!
I would love to dive the east coast some day.
Masalama,
Erik Y.

Beautiful fish Nesim,
It seems that this good fishing will cost you a spear. Was that big fish who bent it?

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Great fishing dude ;)

Man that is one trashed shaft hahahaha

thanks every one, ,,,
yes i learned the hard way, you can never have enough spare gear on trips like that... we lost one shaft, that we shot 2 large queens in one shot, they were a bit too much to handle, as the dyneema was badly abraded from the GT, so that was one shaft lost, the second in the picture was badly bent when the GT took off into deep water with lightning speed!!!! we managed to straighten that shaft and re-use it.

I dont eat all that my self, usually take a fish or 2, the rest, i distribute to family, friends, and charity. Nothing goes to waste.

That catch alone was in excess of 150kg!!!!

AGHGHHH,
Nesim, you are killing me!!!!! Everybody I know here is pulling huge fish out of the water right now and I am still dry. We are still awaiting the arrival of our new family member and I don't want to leave moma home alone right now so I am in a self imposed dry period. Just leave some of those for me!!!!! BTW That is an AWESOME rabib-know it gave you a hell of a fight.

great fishing dude, grouper sees like a big one...What was the weight? 15-18kg?

Hiya

LOVELY STUFF!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Looks like i'm moving to your side of the world soon!!! Getting tired of being harrassed by sharks.................

Regards
miles

Yes,
Last week or so... Suspense is killing us. Maggie is VERY ready and the due date varies between 15 Feb and 17 March... The tests were initially incorrect for at least 2 months that we know of (now) so the date is a real estimate but tests are all ok, and all is well. Just waiting!!!

Reactions: Alison
Hi Miles ..... Congradulations, i only recently heard the news .... !!!!!!
Wish you both all the best,

Murat, the groupers were actually smallish in the range of 6-8 kg, but my brother landed one about 2 weeks ago that was 51KG ... he shot it at 18m, I'll try and get a pic posted here soon !

Nesim said:
hi every one, finally the fish are back, the sea was calm!!!!
We had an excellent day on the water....
our trip started at 5 am with a 2 hour boat tow to the east coast of the UAE where we launched my 5m Gemini Rib, and started our long journey up north 90km to one of my favorite hunting grounds, totally isolated and untouched....
the catch included several GT's up to approx 35+KG, Queen Fish, Big Barracudas, Snappers, Groupers, trevali'sand a variaty of other local reef fish ,,, most of which were taken with a Picasso Carbono 110cm 7mm shaft and single power band and my favorite Rabitech 130 with 16mm +20mm band and 7mm shaft !!!!

the dives ranged between 6m - 24m, and the most spectacular sight was a HUGE King Fish (locally Known as KANAD) she was about 180-190cm long and must have weighed approx 40+KG, by far one of the largest i have ever seen, lucky for her i was at approx 18m and on my way to the surface when she appeared, shy and cautious, keeping her distance!!!!

hey Nesim!! see ya soon...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT