• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Exhaling during dynamics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
JimBo,

When I get to the end of my air and feel a bit tweaky, I always blow the air out into my cheeks and puff them out then in and back 4 to 6 times. The recirculates the fresh air in my mouth and throat down into my lungs and I can taste the stale air as it comes up into my mouth. I am sure the extra O2 one gets is pretty minimal, though it should help and gives me something to do so quiets the mind a bit and calms the ego. You might try this to help you relax. I would do this 2/3 of the way thru a static or dynamic a bit before I would get contractions. Good Luck

Exhaling in the end of static may not give you any extra seconds, though if it somehow increases your PO2, it can help you to stay conscious as DeepThought has written.
This needs some experimenting.

Really old conversation. If someone will read, I can add my experience from my first competition. I swam DNF and hit the wall after 25 m :headand unwillingly exhaled pretty much air and lost my nose clip as well. I was thinking of stopping my DNF but decided to continue. Finaly I made 140 and finnished just to be sure that I will not pass to LMC. Week after that I made 150 m so I think that exhaling small amount of air is not so dangerous and doesn't necesserily mean that it reduces your performance :confused: .

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT