1. Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 38,500+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 473,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 5,500+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Exhaling underwater

Discussion in 'Beginner Freediving Q&A' started by Richard Bender, May 11, 2018.

1. Richard Bender

Richard Bender New Member

Local Time:
    11:48 AM
    Ok so i was practicing some dynamic last night, and i kept thinking "why am i still exhaling as i near the end?" I swim 20 m then turn and push off and swim the 20m back (from 3.5 feet to 10.5 feet ). Any ideas? Am i still not relaxed enough? I think i need to breathe differently, maybe? I did not have any "urge" to breathe, just an "urge" to let my held breath escape?

2. HLanger1955

HLanger1955 Member

Local Time:
    5:48 PM
    Perhaps a matter of lacking relaxation, which you feel stronger towards the end of the dive. BTW, I wonder whether this is critical : as you exhale at the end of the dive you're ready to inhale fresh air when you surface...