• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Exhausted

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
Yesterday afternoon after some training in the pool got call from diving buddy buddy asking for if i want to go to spearing with em. Of course i said yes. Evening prepared all of the gear. Went to bed at 11.20 pm, since this is way earlier thna my usual bed time i did not sleep until the 5.30 am. Woke up load the gear to the car. Nice 2 hour fast trip to the coast. We dressed up and jumped to the water. Them swam, swam, swam.... As a fresh man in the group i carry the float:eek: .When i had excess time from towing floats i made some practice divings.Somehow water was bit murky and we was not able to select the fishes from surface at 28 meters deep. Anyway we continue to diving swimming non stop for 7 hours in the sea.Since i did not get any fish i decided to try my "deadly" aspettos to little spinefoots at 5-8 meters.Sucessfully i cought few with long snipe shots with my 110cm club.Then we get out from water and i checked the d3 to see the results of the dives.It read 45 dives but only 35-39 was real dives.Hit the PB at 25 meters.As a first time i feel the burning in the lungs, that was little scarry (we lost two good spero in this two month).The 3/4 of dives was deeper than 17 meters.After that we had to climb a "hill" with all the gears on.The hill was so upright i almost fall down two times...Anyway jump to the car another 2 hours fast car trip to the home. Did i mentioned all of them was empty stomach:head :duh

Get some shower and so...I will leave the cleaning of the gears to the tomorrow.Damn i hate this fortunatelly this time i did not need to piss in to the suit:D :eek: The water temp. was 28-29 Celcius degree on the surface.

Last edited:
It must be lovely to be young and have all that stamina. Hmmmpf!

Murat,

I have done some diving trips simillar, gotten up in the morning packed all my stuff and taken..two busses to the beach, then into the water swim against the current for some 4hours.. come up take two busses back to home AND rinse my suit and hang it up to dry and then cook my fish.. Finally eat some smoked bass with vegetables... What a feeling it is..!
I usually fall a sleep in the bus on the way home..

Pekka

where were you been dude? I dropped pm to you time ago. Anyway are you still in Cyprus?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT