• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Extended Loader Holder

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Diving Gecko

shooter & shooter
Jun 24, 2008
Some of you might remember how I had bungeed my Omer Extender loader wrapped it around my wrist between shots.
That worked until the bungee snapped - not UV protected I suspect - but I used the equipment failure as an excuse to try something else out.
I made a sheath in Polymorh (colored with red pigment) which goes on my belt.
It took a little reheating and trial and error on the molding to get the tightness of the sheath right. There is a small lip at the bottom that I wrap my index and middle finger around whilst the palm of my hand pushes the loader into the sheath. I pop out the loader from the open bottom - this time resting my palm on the bigger lip at the top of the sheath - and so far it has worked a treat.

DH_BURMA_SAILING_2013_NOV_B0795FIN_1200PIX.jpg
DH_BURMA_SAILING_2013_NOV_B0796FIN_1200PIX.jpg
DH_BURMA_SAILING_2013_NOV_B0798FIN_1200PIX.jpg
DH_BURMA_SAILING_2013_NOV_B0800FIN_1200PIX.jpg

Last edited:
For my longer loader I just thread it behind my weight belt, for my shorter loader (for the 115) I just keep it wrapped around my wrist (I got that idea from Robert Tiveron).

Reactions: bmwgsboy
I might as well add the pics of my first bungee setup to this thread as well, so it's all in one place.
DH_LOADER_01.jpg
DH_LOADER_02.jpg
DH_LOADER_03.jpg
DH_LOADER_04.jpg
DH_LOADER_05.jpg
DH_LOADER_06.jpg
It's the Omer Extender Loader. It's "rigged" it with dyneema but also fitted with bungees. The idea is that I don't have too much line dangling around and when I am not using it, I wrap it around my wrist. The bungee helps keep it in place there. Pics should explain it all.

It's the Omer Extender Loader. It's "rigged" it with dyneema but also fitted with bungees. The idea is that I don't have too much line dangling around and when I am not using it, I wrap it around my wrist. The bungee helps keep it in place there. Pics should explain it all.

I like your dyneema + bungee combination. Excelent solution!
Prevents tangling and makes a neat and compact loader.

Last edited:
Nice shape lock sheath. I actually made my loader with shape lock it was a smal l ball of shape lock with a Kevlar cord embedded in it. To a handle I made of shape lock to fit right in my hand. , I've since lost it and now just bear hand my 133 loaded and don't have much of an issue with it. I'd like to make another tho, it was nice.

Thanks guys, both the sheath and bungee worked great. I think I actually like the sheath a tiny bit more. It works with the Omer Loader because that loader is made of two parts which click into each other making it more like one part for stowing. It makes it easy to pop in and out of the sheath. Not sure how the system would work with loaders that don't click into each other.
But the bungee was nice as well. I used bungee from a a PT/gymnastics/fitness online site but I don't think it is UV-protected so it didn't last long. But it could also be because I used cyano glue on the knots at the end of the bungee and maybe the cyano interacted with the rubber since it snapped there.
The idea works, I just needs a better quality rubber.
Surgical tubing would work as well. I think mine was 4x6mm (ID x OD) or so. I think it's often called 4060.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT