• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Extreme Challenge-Colombia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fpernett

Nov 7, 2001
Hi all,

From july 20-25 will be held in San Andres (Isle); Colombia, a freediving competition (National Championship).

It's name is Extreme Challenge (because the official language of the island is English)
Here is a link with the pre-inscription depht and time:http://www.geocities.com/taravana_deep/inscripc.htm

It's in spanish, but with a web translator the problem is solved.

As soon as the official web page is online, I will let you know

Thank you Eric for the good wishes, today the pre-inscripted are 32, with some Venezuelan girls, including the champion Ruth Florez.
I don't think all will assist, these is only pre-inscription, and the economical issues are a problem in our country.
Our island is really far from mainland (usually 2 hours in plane) so the ticket is expensive.
Hope that you and your Canadian mates can make it next year (I know that because of the World's you can't, neither We can't to the World's).
All of you are fully welcome

Wow that is an interesting prospective. Go to South America next year for a freediving competition of that size! Now that excites me. I wanted to go back there just to look around anyhow. Hmm you never know, I might have to seriously consider that. May also have to work on some new language skills ;)

Good luck to all. Keep us posted on results.

Cheers,

Tyler

Thank you Tyler,
Maybe tomorrow I'll post full programm and final list of freedivers.

This is our first big competition, hope that everyting ends fine.

Will be really nice to have the canadians mates around here.

No language problem. The native people from our island speaks english.

New Static World Record

During the official static performance, in the Extreme Challenge Competition, the female freediver Natalia Fernandez did an static time of 6'47" !!!.
The record is validated by the Colombian Federation of Underwater Activities.
As soon as possible I´ll upload all results and pictures. In the official page Extreme Challenge

It was a really nice competition.

Reactions: Pezman
Partial Results:

Best CW Male: Karl Pernett (60 meters)
Best CW Female: Claudia Arevalo (43 meters)
Best Static Male: Karl Pernett (7'01")
Best Static Female: Natalia Fernandez (6'47")

Sounds like a successful competition. Hope to read more about it.

Greetings from landlocked Switzerland

Best Static Female: Natalia Fernandez (6'47")

Isn't that a new WR?

I thought that the current was 6:31 by lotta Ericson From Sweden?

I'm Looking forward to the full report and pictures and movies!

Kars

Yes Kars,
It was a new world record.
the most amazing was that she made it quite easy, at the end she said that could made more time, but didn't want to risk her points.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT