• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Extreme Ironing (No joke, it's a sport!)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tommy Engfors

Jul 29, 2003
This is just too much... I have to share this with you. :)

I thought diving and in particular freediving, was on the outer fringe of extreme sports. I was wrong. Surfing on the web I stumbled upon this hilarious page. The fun part is that it is for real. They take it seriously. Well, at least as serious as can be...

Enjoy this link: www.extremeironing.com

Check out the gallery section for some insane images... anyone feeling ready to be the first to do some breathold ironing at 30 feet? I don't think it has been done yet... YOU could be the first... Just stand by while the rest of us call the guys in the white coats! :D

some people have way too much free time in their hands...i wish i did too.....lol

Note its a very english thing. I held my club record for Ironing at 54 meters in a fresh water lake for about 2 weeks until someone went further. Were all a little mad, you have to be to dive in England.

Wow. How does it feel to be ironing at depth?

And why do you have to be a little mad to dive in England?

The water is always cold, always murky and the sea is always choppy. Oh, and it rains a lot in the uk too. Just dont get me started on the price of air and nitrox.... At least I can be content with a little ironing when diving. The girlfriend gets a bit annoyed though, the clothes come back a bit wet.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT