• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

F10 v2 - How to RESET Best Ever / History / Logs?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sjlira

Jan 7, 2013
Hi everyone!
I just bought a F10 v2 used by someone way better freediver than me, so his best dives aren´t going to happen in the nearest future for me. Anyway, I wanted to know if there´s a way to reset the bestever/logs/history of the Aeris F10 v2 so i can get track of my best dives.
I have the ACI cable, so if there´s a way to reset the computer through the computer, I could try.
Thanks!

Seba

I have the same question about the Aeris F10 v.1 (fm 1b). I have send an email to oceanic, but i am not sure how long it will take to get an answer. Did someone manage to reset those data on his watch?
thx.

One way to do it would be to remove the battery and leave it out (I think, from memory) about 30+sec, then reinsert it. That resents all settings to default. So you would have to reset everything (and you would lose any dives you had logged)

@deva49: Thanks for the reply, but to remove the battery wont do it (I tried that already).

I called Oceanic today and their technician said, that it would be possible to remove the dives via diverlog software. I just ordered the cable. Sjlira: Maybe you could try that?

I'd really like to know how you made out with that? I called aeris customer support and asked if there was a way to reset my f10 v2 and they said the only way was to send it in for a factory re calibration. This is annoying! The local dive shop I bought the watch from depth tested it and now my best ever dive is 106 feet. This totally screws up my averages. Not to mention all the dives I did that ran together giving me incredible breath holds.

Until now I didn't find a way. And I still don't get, why they didn't include something to reset in the software...
I would like to update the firmware to the 1c or the 1d Version. Does anyone have the files or knows a downloadlink for them?

Until now I didn't find a way. And I still don't get, why they didn't include something to reset in the software...
I would like to update the firmware to the 1c or the 1d Version. Does anyone have the files or knows a downloadlink for them?
You can always take the battery out for awhile... that'll reset everything. Otherwise you'll need cable and software.

Also - for upgrades you need the software - it will detect them for you.

To take the battery out didn't work so far. And when I try to update the firmware i always get an error. (The update tries to go from 1b to 2B... i don't know if this can work...). Does anyone have older firmwares and update files?

I know this is an old thread, but here is some more info on resetting Aeris F10v2 best ever logbook.
According to the factory, "there is NO way to do this without a factory recalibration." When I asked why, he told me it was designed that way to prevent it from being used as a rental. I asked how much to recalibrate and he said "$145 US dollars and 15 days after receiving it."
My brother did purchase a used watch, had it sent in for calibration, and it was like a new watch when he eventually got it back, no dives, no scratches (lense or band).

SOMBODY has to know a work around for this! Otherwise I'll just live with it.

I know this is an old thread, but here is some more info on resetting Aeris F10v2 best ever logbook.
According to the factory, "there is NO way to do this without a factory recalibration." When I asked why, he told me it was designed that way to prevent it from being used as a rental. I asked how much to recalibrate and he said "$145 US dollars and 15 days after receiving it."
My brother did purchase a used watch, had it sent in for calibration, and it was like a new watch when he eventually got it back, no dives, no scratches (lense or band).

SOMBODY has to know a work around for this! Otherwise I'll just live with it.

UPDATE!! I may have solved this problem! I borrowed my brother's ACI cable and updated the firmware from 2A to 2B. Alas, no logged dives show up in the log. Saturday in pool session I'll test to see if it cleared the logs. If it did, It should reset my best ever to the bottom of the pool depth. interestingly, I am still able to download the previous dives, they just don't show up on the watch. fingers crossed!

CONFIRMED! you can reset the dive log by updating the firmware of the watch. I used the ACI cable and the CD that came with the watch. Updating the firmware from 2A to 2B hid the dive logs. Interestingly though, using the software I can still download the old dives from the computer, but at least my average times, depths, and best Evers have been reset.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT