• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Facebook pages that post technical articles about freediving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

HooSlayer

Oct 20, 2018
Can anyone suggest good facebook pages to follow that offer technical tips on freediving. All of the major freediving course providers only post advertisements and pretty pictures but nothing instructional. Guess they want you to shell out for anything that will help your diving. I'm just looking for training, technique, and physiology oriented content.

Thanks,

There's plenty of info right here and on YouTube.

let me try this again:

Can anyone suggest good facebook pages to follow that offer technical tips on freediving. All of the major freediving course providers only post advertisements and pretty pictures but nothing instructional. Guess they want you to shell out for anything that will help your diving. I'm just looking for training, technique, and physiology oriented content.

Yes, they want you to shell out money for a course. They aren't going to give it away. They may even worry about liability giving advice when they have no idea who is reading it and can't correct mistakes.

As J Cambell said, I don't think you will find a better source of on line free diving advice than Deeper Blue.

Reactions: Mr. X
...I am familiar with the material on youtube and deeperblue. I actually just liked DB on FB, hopefully that forwards new DB articles to FB, sincei don't check DB super often. I just like to have all of my interests (music, diving, fishing) under a single platform (FB) that feeds me content on my specific interests since I'm addicted to facebook and it cannot be deleted, blocked or removed from my phone (people at the phone store can't even block it).

If I can't get technical articles on freediving on facebook oh well i'll keep looking at the pretty pictures.

the first step is to admit I am powerless over my addiction to FB.

I do not know much about facebook pages that are tutorial at all, but from reading a Manual of Freediving UP mentioned some high profile divers used to share their training regimens working up to competitions. This may prove useless to beginners but if you love to follow this stuff it is a start.

Reactions: HooSlayer
...I am familiar with the material on youtube and deeperblue. I actually just liked DB on FB, hopefully that forwards new DB articles to FB, sincei don't check DB super often. I just like to have all of my interests (music, diving, fishing) under a single platform (FB) that feeds me content on my specific interests since I'm addicted to facebook and it cannot be deleted, blocked or removed from my phone (people at the phone store can't even block it).

If I can't get technical articles on freediving on facebook oh well i'll keep looking at the pretty pictures.

the first step is to admit I am powerless over my addiction to FB.
Unfortunately there is no specific FB page for tips and techniques. Most are instructors who want you to buy their courses. We are the only media company that has a focus on freediving so likely to be one of the only sources of that sort of info.

To be honest we have an archive of over 9,000 articles published and over 500,000 forum posts over the last 22 years covering virtually everything you could want to know so you’d be better off searching DB articles and forums rather than subscribing to random Facebook pages.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT