• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Favorite Water Hero

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Steve Zissou for sure

but also Loic Leferme, Jacques Cousteau and Hans and Lotte Haas

I think I know that Alison would have voted for Laura Storm and the Angels. Either way, good guys and worth a mention on anyone's hero list :)

Reactions: ILDiver
My favourite water hero is Colapesce (Nicholas the Fish), the hero of an ancient sicilian legend
Colapesce is the most loved and known sicilian legend. Colapesce, son of a fisherman, spent his days swimming in the sea. One day his mother, tired for his dull behaviour, throw him a spell. So Cola became half man and half fish and never came back to the land. One day the king of Sicily heeard about his story and wanted to meet him. He went near Messina, where Colapesce lived, and threw in the waves a golden cup. Cola took it from the submarine abyss and told the king what marvellous things he had seen. The king threw in the sea his crown and Cola took it and told that he had found out that Sicily was surrepted by three huge submerged columns. One was ruined, the other was in bad condition, just one was good. The king didn't believe him and threw, for the third time, his golden ring in the sea. Cola, although exausted, dived again, and stood there for eternity to support the last column. His sacrifice saved Sicily from collapsing into the sea. He's supposed to be still there, and that's why Sicilian people love him so much.

Reactions: Mr. X and ILDiver
Guybrush Threepwood obviously, as he was my first introduction to the idea of "really really long breath holds".

Charlie Tuna! "Sorry Charlie"

Attachments

• charlietuna.gif
    charlietuna.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 244
While there are many I admire, one of my favourite is Zale Perry. Both a scuba and freediver one of the things she is well known for is helping develop decompression chamber treatment, and being in the Women Divers Hall of Fame. I drew a picture of her awhile ago in pin-up style.

Attachments

• Zale Perry.JPG
    Zale Perry.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 175
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT