• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Few Mounting option for Andre Gold 110?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sevenstripes4171

Jul 14, 2017
Hello all,
I have been frequenting the site for some time now, since before I had any gear to freedive/spearfish. I’ve learned a tremendous amount from the boards (as a non member) but am now glad to be part of this community and hopefully pick some brains along the way! If this question is in the wrong forum please forgive me. If this question is foolish, please forgive me. I tried searching with little luck on and off the forum (or maybe I just have a poor understanding for the reel mounting process).

My biggest question revolves around the d shackle/eyelet. The hook nearest to the tip of the gun has a whole in it that runs perpendicular to the gun. If I ran the reel line through here it would never wind on straight and would create drag. I bought a d shackle figuring I put it through the hole and now the d shackle will hang off the hook and the line will run though-problem solved.

But wouldn’t my mono interfere with that because it is wrapped around said hook? So when I shoot, the mono will be stuck in an area between the gun and the reel line (if that makes any sense at all)? Or is this how you prefer it?
I tried to upload some pictures to the best of my ability to show what I am having difficulty understanding. Would an eyelet further up mounted on the gun serve a better purpose? Please excuse my silly questions, as I am always thinking and I have many. I am simply a surfcaster who has found a new passion in the water. I have no ego and I am looking forward to lurking on the forum, asking questions and learning what I can from you all. Hopefully one day I can chime in and be of help to someone in my shoes. I have no ego and I am optimistic to see what everyone has to offer. Thank you everyone in advance for your time and help!
SevenStripes

E4E59AB2-7EC2-461E-81F1-BAC18B170013.jpeg
CA7EE7A5-F000-4456-A24E-3536F49AD370.jpeg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT