• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

fin box for travel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tuneral

Feb 12, 2019
hi guys,
I'm trying to find a hard box to carry my cressi gara modular fins and would like to bring this case to the airplane for travel purpose.
can anyone suggest any box with suitable size which is solid and could hold my fins? I guess the workers in the airport won't treat luggage friendly.

thanks in advance!

Considering the Gara's are pretty sturdy fins which can take quite a beating I think you might invest your money better than a hard case. Furthermore I noticed that if I carry my fins in the Mares Attack for example the airport guys usually treat it very carefully. The more unusual the shape, the more careful they will treat it because they don't know how fragile the content is... I always check it in and it never goes on the belt because of it's unusual size. Personally I would suggest to get a normal fin bag and don't worry too much :)

Reactions: thomaz
I regularly put my monofin on planes as 'checked luggage' duct taped between two 9mm plywood cutouts.

I'm sure the same principle would work for bifins in a soft fin bag. It's a very cheap option and takes less space than any available hard cases

Ps: in the plywood, the monofin is very sturdy. I'm never careful with it and have dropped at 32kg bag on top of it

Ps 2: if you take your duct taped fin(s) through security they will get thourouly checked and swabbed/ lots of questions.. but at the gate they will ask if you want to check it for free. That saves me 50-100$ each way.

Last edited:
Hi! I was about to post the same question, I never had issues so far but I would also prefer a bag more protective in case the fins will end under other heavy bags...

A friend used an old rigid case for musical instruments that fit the fins without risks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT