• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fin Question...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TMcKee

Aug 9, 2002
I have been doing lots of diving in pools lately, and even though I am soaking the fins afterwards, I am getting this white discoloring on the softest parts of the foot pocket. I have Picasso, Black Team fins, is this a problem with this fin? I am putting silicone spray on now and that seems to take the discoloration away, a litte. :head

Reactions: rigdvr
Hey Tim! Glad to see you found the site! When are you coming to Biloxi to dive? Been pretty good lately. Talk to you soon.
Mike:D :D :D :D

T,

Welcome to the forums. It's a great place to hang out and learn.

I have been using the Picasso Black Team fins for over two years and have not any problems or discoloration of any kind. Granted I have had them in a pool only once, so not sure how they react to extended chlorine exposure.

I do know that I beat them mercilessly against limestone rocks about once a week and, other than the scratches, they're still in great shape.

Scott

Hey Mike! Whats up fella? I am doing some "training" here in hot as hell Louisiana. I dont want my first trip to dive the rigs to be fruitless. I am getting better at this breath holding thing and I am now up to 3:00 min static apnea, of course that doesn't translate well in the water. I am hooked up with the "stickmen" freedivers. I am only training though. Talk to you soon.

Come on guys...I know for a fact more of you use the Picasso BT fins yet noone wants to give a new member any help? Like me Tim lives in an area without many freedivers and can use all the help he can get from us.......

I have found that silicone spray works well to take away the discoloration. I dont know what it was, but I found the solution.

TMcKee :ko

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT