• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fin size

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
Hello,
someone knows what size at cm the inner footpockets of the following fins:
cressi gara modular size 38/39
Cressi gara modular size 40/41
Cressi gara 3000 ld size 40/41 (diffrent foot pocket)
mares razor size 39/40
mares razor size 40/41
omar stingray size 39/40
omar stingray size 40/41

thx

I don't have access to any of these fins, but I thought I might be able to help you when I found the following though Google Images:
803_gara_modular.jpg

I tried doing the arithmetic, i.e. subtracting dimension C from dimension A to calculate the length of the foot pocket. So Cressi Gara Modular size 38/39: A - C = 870 - 780 = 90 mm. The result made no sense whatsoever, of course, because size 38/39 would mean a foot length approximating 237 - 246 mm, not 90 mm. Perhaps Cressi too have realised that this size table was total garbage because it doesn't appear on their website. If I had my way I'd impose national standard DIN 7876 on all fin manufacturers to oblige them to provide the inner length and the inner width in millimetres of every fin they make.

As for Omar Stingrays, I found the following Adreno Spearfishing table online for these fins:
fin-size-chart.jpg

The Japan sizes correspond to actual centimetres. Make of it what you will.

Sorry I can't help more.

Last edited:
It seems like only Pathos lists the inside-pocket-measurements. For the other brands it's guesswork.

Contacting Cressi also doesn't work, they handed me some US size chart and a converting table to mm/mondo, which pointed me to a size 43 for a 255mm foot, while trying the Modular in the store a 38/39 was still a little roomy barefoot.

I wonder why it is so hard for manufacturers to take a rules and measure it, or even better, to take the design schematics and simply copy-paste the measurement. :unsure:

Reactions: DRW
I try the buchat mundial 39-40 and its fit snug and good so far i tried few foot pocket.

Its a shame but its a fact. To be sure you really need to try a fin on with the fin sock that you use.

But even with running shoes or street shoes you can't depend on size. Some brands fit tighter and some fit looser.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT