• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Find out about "The Blue" special edition book

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
A limited Edition book for you...

We are proud to bring you "THE BLUE", a special edition coffee table book (28cms x 28cms) of 200 pages. It features the work of some of the world's greatest ocean authors and underwater photographers.

Take a journey of the coral gardens where colourful fish live in apparent harmony with venomous invertebrates. Realise that the lives of fish are as diverse and fascinating as those of the animals that inhabit dry land. Discover the largest inhabitants of the ocean world are, in fact, mammals. Learn that life not only survives but thrives at the North and South Poles and be fascinated by the hidden depths, a world of alien life forms and underwater volcanoes.

The master magicians who reveal this hidden universe are a talented, celebrated group of people who wish to share their enthusiasm for the oceans and their inhabitants including, Buzz Aldrin, Jean-Michel Cousteau, David Bellamy, Sylvia Earle, Valerie Taylor, Tim Severin, Martha Holmes, Bob Halstead and Julian Partridge.

"THE BLUE" is published in conjunction with UNESCO's IOC to celebrate our planet's oceans. The UN IOC Trust for Ocean Research will receive a donation from the sale of every copy.

We've teamed up with the publishers of "THE BLUE" and Amazon.co.uk to allow you to buy this special edition book. You must hurry though as numbers are very limited...buy now

thanks

Stephen thanks for the information about the book. Looks like something to have to get me through those long nights in northwest America when all the lakes are under 15-20 feet of snow (I am not kidding) and the Pacific is four hours and several mountain ranges away and I have no time off in sight. Warmly, Angus

Keep Warm

Angus,

Are you saying that in Mid June you are under 15-20 foot of snow??

Glad you like to book - when I was setting up the deal with the publisher I spent a long time reading the book and got my own copy...it now takes pride of place in my book collection.

I'm just glad we have the opportunity to bring people this fantastic book...it is strictly a limited edition as there are only a few hundred left and there will be no more prints done...

Enjoy!

Yup

Stehphen this was a light snow year but the high lakes only became accessible (without snowmobiles or hours to days of cross country skiing) at the end of May. Now most of the trials to really high lakes in the Cascades in central Oregon are open but visibility is poor due to the rapid snow melt. Then there are the mosquitos which are in their first hatch now and will get bad again in late August. Octo is coming up in a week or two and we plan to go up to Waldo Lake. It is one of the clearest lakes in the world and allows no power craft. Unfortunately it is also devoid of life. It does make for good practice though as there is over 80 meters of visibility - really! It the closest I have come to feeling like I was suspended in air and could fly. But even at the heigth of summer the water temperature is only about 10-15 degrees celsius. We spent two weeks in Belize last March which was my first experience in warm water. Now my dream is live in a place with warm clear water and few people. The only problem is how to earn a living and support my family. Oh well, at least I will be able to travel to warm occassionally. Now I have to rely on my 7mm picasso biomemetic which I use all summer here. Good Diving, Angus

The Blue

I just received my copy of the The Blue. It has truly splendid photography with few words, most of which I have yet to read because I keep looking at the photos. The overall product from dust cover to binding to layout is high quality and well worth the price. OK, so now in addition to spearfishing equipment, a Suunto apnea watch/computer, scleral contacts, and carbon fins, I really want a good underwater camera rig. And just think my birthday is only two days away. Sounds a lot more fun than tonotopic representation in the auditory cortex, which is what I am supposed to be writing on right now. Just one more day in drydock. Warmly, Angus

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT