• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Finishing a fish off with a knife

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
finally something amphib and I see eye to eye on. How they retain their tax free status is beyond me since they have been proven to support eco-terrorists...and they put more animals down every year than God himself:) In fact werent they just busted putting the remains in public dumpsters in NJ?

they raised a big stink out here with some advertising in Vancouver that revolved around Serial killer Willy Picton and his pig farm. they are a constant nusance to the hunting/fishing industry as well. lucky, not many of them make their way this far north. the ones that have seem to "vanish" in the bush. funny that..... ;)

not too many survive in the deep south either:) if only we could get them out of the middle...they'd all have to live in Cali.

He is a little kill spike that I made awhile back, it is based on the WWII trench knives. 8" hardend stainless spike set into high tensile strength molded handle. I am still working on the sheath for it, right now i am just using a 3/8" length of pvc and a bungee.

Attachments

• trench spike5.JPG
    trench spike5.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 184
I made a post about it, it was someone trying to be funny. They jacked my computer and shut it down. Meanwhile, they sent everyone in my address book the same crap, and made posts here,Spearfishing.com & Medfish.com, also the guys over I Spearboard.com got wind of the bullsh*t postings! I had family receive the emali too, the phone rang off the hook for 4 days! They basically had my computer in lockdown, I could pull up my homepage(Google) but couldn't check emails or visit other sites. So, after 2 days of trying to fix the problem, I had to do a destructive rebuild and start over! I am pretty sure that I posted under the same thread that started the whole storey. I hope who ever it was had thier little fun.

Sorry about any undue worries, but hec I could always use some prayers!

rigdvr said:
...they'd all have to live in Cali.
"The land of fruits and nuts"?! rofl
[Darn, just couldn't resist it. Sorry.]

stoneshot said:
... I am still working on the sheath for it, right now i am just using a 3/8" length of pvc and a bungee.
:cool:What did you use for the handle? You might want to take a look at the Rob Allen Iki spike's sheath -- they use some kind of stainless steel pipe type sheath with a belt fitting. [Rob Allen seem to have come up with solutions to most spearing issues years ago! I love their stuff -- solid, rugged.:cool:]

The handle is a textured high tensile strength polymer , the spike itself is 17/4 hardend stainless steel. After several times of my hand slipping down the hilt of other type of kill sticks I thought that a trench knife style design was more suited for my style of spearing. I also do not like the high ride of belt style pipe sheaths this is going to have a hinged thigh style design more suited to my type of high adrenaline diving.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT