• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

fins for broad feet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

NiallFlinn

Sep 15, 2004
I'm probably going to buy my first pair of freedive-specific fins fairly soon, and I'm a little concerned about comfort. My existing Mares Plana Avanti fins, while they are the correct size for me (at least in terms of he length of the footpocket), were clearly made for someone with narrower feet. I spent a week snorkelling and freediving with them for 3 hours at a time recently, and I found that they pinched a lot on the sides of my feet. Does anyone else have this problem, and is it likely to be avoided by buying a size larger and wearing neoprene socks? Any brands that work better for spade feet like me?

I'd love to try some different fins on, but I live in London and I get the impression that freedive shops are a tad thin on the ground :)

Thanks,

Niall

The sporasub and the Beuchat fotpockets are the widest on the market to my knowledge.

I should think the sporas would be available in London.

Wearing freediving fins with neopren socks is a must for comfertablitiy and keeping warm in my opinion - some wear longfins without socks, but it seems kinda painful me.

Yeah, actually that seems pretty obvious to me now - given that I live in the UK and won't be able to go somewhere hot every time I fancy getting wet :)

So how many sizes bigger (in UK/US/EURO/whatever) should I go for if I'm going to wear, say 3mm socks?

BTW, looking at some older threads, the consensus seems to be that Sporasub Dessaults are good for wide feet...

Thanks for your advice guys,

N

I went to the store and measured. I'm not sure how you can do that any other way, maybe compare with people who have the same foot size.

Hiya

Same problem here!!! UK Size 13 foot!!!!!! (some might say that flippers aren't neccessary with such big feet!!:D )

Anycase, the Picasso footpocket is about the only fin that comfortably fits me. The omer's are nice but hurt after about an hour or so. Need to widen them some-how.

Regards
miles

Has someone ever tried to alter the shape of a footpocket.

Maybe by putting them in boiling water and then try to shape them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT