• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fins for really tiny feet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

w3ac

I should be working
Nov 8, 2002
Hey gang,
A friend of mine is having trouble finding any kind of fin for his girlfriend due to her having tiy feet. Her shoe size is 4-5 in womens which is basicly 2-3 in mens. I suggested using a boot but even the smallest boot is too big for her. I saw the Japanese freedive team and their women were pretty tiny. Are there any footpockets made that small? We are hoping to find her a pair of soft longblades but even a good scuba type fin would work. Appreciate your input. BTW she is a pretty good diver even though she is limited by wearing tiny snorkeling fins.

Brad :martial

My feet are pretty small too, and I ended up buying a pair of Sporasub H Dessault 38-40s. Socks help a lot, your friend might need a pair of 3mm socks at least.

Try looking back further in the freediving equipment threads too, that's what helped me.

My first set of longblades were Cressi size 12's. They were on sale, and there really was nothing available anyway, so I got them. My feet are 10-10.5, so I bought a set of 3mm boots with a sole and the zips, and managed to make them work. I used them for quite a while before getting into something else. They were very comfortable too!
Maybe a 3mm or 5 mm zip-boot will work for your friend?
Cheers,
Erik Y.

I have 4-5 feet and gave up trying to by stereo fins. tell her to get a mono!!

as far as I know cressi don't go small enough, the only ones I found were sporasub and I didn't like the footpockets...

go on get a mono!

Waterway do a 36-39 bi fin. The pockets and blades are similiar to their mono's

We had the same problem with my wife. She has a women’s size 6. We tried several fins and settled on the Oceanic Caribe 3 with XXS 3 mm socks. They are a basically a long snorkeling fin, but Rodale magazine gave them a best in performance rating of several split fins and four full foot for scuba diving. Even though they are much shorter than my freediving fins, in relationship to my height and weight they are about the same for her. She is 5’ 3” and 90lbs.

The best price I found was at http://www.diverswholesale.com/catalogue/usa/index.html They are currently only $29.99 plus shipping. I would think, given that your friends girl friend shoe size is a little smaller, a 4 or 5 mm sock would be just right. They flex easy, but seem to have good efficiency; maybe just the thing for a small woman.
Don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT