• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fins Recommendation

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

KAPTAN

May 15, 2023
Hi,
I am looking for a pallet but I am very undecided, can you help me?
The models I found are below, you may have different suggestions.
Also, some models have water inlet channels, some don't, what's the difference?

I want to use it for scuba diving and normal swimming.

Cressi Gara Modular Sprint
Scubapro Jet Club Fins
BEUCHAT Closed 1DIVE
CRESSI REACTION PRO
Cressi Pro Star

Attachments

• beuchat-palet-kapali-1dive-2670.jpeg
    beuchat-palet-kapali-1dive-2670.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 105
  • cressi-gara-modular-sprint-dalis-paleti-yuzme-ve-dalis-paletleri-cressi-9978-38-B.jpg
    cressi-gara-modular-sprint-dalis-paleti-yuzme-ve-dalis-paletleri-cressi-9978-38-B.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Cressi-Pro-Star-Black-Fins-Perth-Australia.jpg
    Cressi-Pro-Star-Black-Fins-Perth-Australia.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 74
  • cressi-reaction-pro-dalis-paleti-yuzme-ve-dalis-paletleri-cressi-4311-20-B.jpg
    cressi-reaction-pro-dalis-paleti-yuzme-ve-dalis-paletleri-cressi-4311-20-B.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 80
  • jet-clup-fin-sari.jpg
    jet-clup-fin-sari.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 74
Hi Kaptan - If you want to use them for SCUBA and general swimming then just go with a reputable make that is comfortable and fits you properly (snug but not tight). All of the fins in your accompanying pics will serve you well. When it comes to holes and channels and splits a lot of it is gimmickry. I note that all the fins in your pics are full foot fins. I much prefer this style of fin for snorkelling and for SCUBA where possible. But this style of fin is difficult to wear with a hard sole wetsuit boot and impossible with the average dry suit boot. So depending on your thermal protection and the terrain you need to cross before you get into the water you may also need to consider a pair of open heel fins.

Reactions: calevans
Take a look to Cressi Ara model, they are incredible powerfull. You have videos on YouTube to look how they perform.

There might be some hybrids, but combining scuba and snorkeling fins is quite tricky. As some have already mentioned, scuba fins typically have an open heel so you can wear boots with you diving suit. Also the blades are quite stiff which is fine as you spend most of your time in deep(er) water. For snorkeling you want a foot pocket (like the ones you have selected) and a soft blade for efficiency and comfort on the surface or in shallow water. As a reference, I have Mares Quattro Power, which are classic scuba fins, and I only used them once for snorkeling they feel just too clumsy for me.

The Cressi Gara are modular fins more oriented towards freediving. The other ones look like snorkeling fins.

Ideally you would try&buy them at your next diving spot? Diving centers typically have a selection of fins for sale, and you could try if they work for you for snorkeling as well.

Mares Avanti Tre are the best I tried. Most definitely good for scuba and I free dove 32 meters in them. Very easy on your legs yet powerful enough. I was using different carbon/fiberglass and pure carbon fins and recently switched back to Avanti Tre. Loved it

Reactions: Michael-AT
Personally, I love my Apex Rk3s. I've only owned 2 pair of fins in the entire time I've been diving but I've tried out many of the models available. RK3 are not long but they are powerful.

Cheers! :)
=C=

Hi, I am going to start scuba diving in costa rica. For that purpose, I need best and solid fins that must be compatible with newbie. Looking for professional and high quality fins.

My advice above stands. Apeks RK3. They come in a variety of sizes and colors.

Cheers!
=C=

Hi,
I am looking for a pallet but I am very undecided, can you help me?
The models I found are below, you may have different suggestions.
Also, some models have water inlet channels, some don't, what's the difference?

I want to use it for scuba diving and normal swimming.

Cressi Gara Modular Sprint
Scubapro Jet Club Fins
BEUCHAT Closed 1DIVE
CRESSI REACTION PRO
Cressi Pro Star
first model

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT