• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fins4u vs leaderfins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fishstab

Jun 16, 2020
I’m in the uk and looking for a lower end pair of carbon fins.

fins4u do their ‘pure evolution’ fins for £219

and

leaderfins do their ‘pure carbon’ fins for £160

I think fins4u may well rebrand some leaderfins stuff so it’s possible the blades are actually one and the same. The difference is in the foot pockets, the fins4u come with a pathos fire blade foot pocket and the leaderfins come with their own brand ’forza’ foot pockets.

Anyone got any input on these two options? £60 seems a big difference for just a foot pockets unless I’m missing something here?

To be completely honest.. neither are that great, but if you just want a cheap fin a but better than plastic.. either will do.

The pathos footpocket is much nicer, especially if you're wearing a sock.

--

In my experience more often than not fiberglass is actually way better than carbon.. I traded 450€ carbon fins for fiberglass ones (molchanovs) because the fibers were much better..

So if I were you I'd check out Mares fiberglass blades.. I think they are about the same price, much better than the two youre looking at, and actually better than all the carbon mares ones too..

If you can spend a but extra, go molchanovs fiberglass with pathos footpocket..

As the owner of fins4u, I can confirm our pure evolution range are nothing to do with leaders - both pure evolutions versions we do are my own design (tapering etc) and come from a completely different factory (incidentally where a couple of well known brands are made, who charge £400/£500 a pair).

I have been using the Leaderfins pure carbon with the Forza footpockets for 6 months and I'm very happy with them. I've had C4's and Pathos in the past and these fins are as good as them at a very reasonable price. I recommend them.

Here in action. I'm the one with the "non-roller "gun. This is my son Youtube channel. Please follow him if you like the video

Reactions: DiveHacker
Hello!

Which Mares fiberglass are you talking about - F740? I know that Mares presently does not make any pure carbon fins - their C740 and Matrix are carbon + fiberglass. I have Razor carbons and not sure that they are pure carbon either. Did you have a chance to compare Mares fiberglass against other Mares fins?

Thanks in advance.

These ones^^^.. Razor Apnea..

(I've only had about 20 minutes to compares Razor Carbon with Razor Apnea... but personally I liked the R.Apnea better. Of course both are better than the plastic version.

Interesting - Apnea is a proper fin with a variable thickness. Do you by any chance remember what stiffness was the ones you tried? Razor Carbon is not a soft fin - my transverse arches would be very sore after swimming against currents. But it gives a good propulsion and a bit shorther than standard 80cm fins. I would assume Apneas were softer than Razors for you.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…