• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fins4u vs leaderfins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fishstab

Jun 16, 2020
I’m in the uk and looking for a lower end pair of carbon fins.

fins4u do their ‘pure evolution’ fins for £219

and

leaderfins do their ‘pure carbon’ fins for £160

I think fins4u may well rebrand some leaderfins stuff so it’s possible the blades are actually one and the same. The difference is in the foot pockets, the fins4u come with a pathos fire blade foot pocket and the leaderfins come with their own brand ’forza’ foot pockets.

Anyone got any input on these two options? £60 seems a big difference for just a foot pockets unless I’m missing something here?

I’m in the uk and looking for a lower end pair of carbon fins.

fins4u do their ‘pure evolution’ fins for £219

and

leaderfins do their ‘pure carbon’ fins for £160

I think fins4u may well rebrand some leaderfins stuff so it’s possible the blades are actually one and the same. The difference is in the foot pockets, the fins4u come with a pathos fire blade foot pocket and the leaderfins come with their own brand ’forza’ foot pockets.

Anyone got any input on these two options? £60 seems a big difference for just a foot pockets unless I’m missing something here?
To be completely honest.. neither are that great, but if you just want a cheap fin a but better than plastic.. either will do.

The pathos footpocket is much nicer, especially if you're wearing a sock.

--

In my experience more often than not fiberglass is actually way better than carbon.. I traded 450€ carbon fins for fiberglass ones (molchanovs) because the fibers were much better..

So if I were you I'd check out Mares fiberglass blades.. I think they are about the same price, much better than the two youre looking at, and actually better than all the carbon mares ones too..

If you can spend a but extra, go molchanovs fiberglass with pathos footpocket..

As the owner of fins4u, I can confirm our pure evolution range are nothing to do with leaders - both pure evolutions versions we do are my own design (tapering etc) and come from a completely different factory (incidentally where a couple of well known brands are made, who charge £400/£500 a pair).

I have been using the Leaderfins pure carbon with the Forza footpockets for 6 months and I'm very happy with them. I've had C4's and Pathos in the past and these fins are as good as them at a very reasonable price. I recommend them.

Here in action. I'm the one with the "non-roller "gun. This is my son Youtube channel. Please follow him if you like the video :)

Reactions: DiveHacker
To be completely honest.. neither are that great, but if you just want a cheap fin a but better than plastic.. either will do.

The pathos footpocket is much nicer, especially if you're wearing a sock.

--

In my experience more often than not fiberglass is actually way better than carbon.. I traded 450€ carbon fins for fiberglass ones (molchanovs) because the fibers were much better..

So if I were you I'd check out Mares fiberglass blades.. I think they are about the same price, much better than the two youre looking at, and actually better than all the carbon mares ones too..

If you can spend a but extra, go molchanovs fiberglass with pathos footpocket..
Hello!

Which Mares fiberglass are you talking about - F740? I know that Mares presently does not make any pure carbon fins - their C740 and Matrix are carbon + fiberglass. I have Razor carbons and not sure that they are pure carbon either. Did you have a chance to compare Mares fiberglass against other Mares fins?

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Which Mares fiberglass are you talking about - F740? I know that Mares presently does not make any pure carbon fins - their C740 and Matrix are carbon + fiberglass. I have Razor carbons and not sure that they are pure carbon either. Did you have a chance to compare Mares fiberglass against other Mares fins?

Thanks in advance.

These ones^^^.. Razor Apnea..

(I've only had about 20 minutes to compares Razor Carbon with Razor Apnea... but personally I liked the R.Apnea better. Of course both are better than the plastic version.

These ones^^^.. Razor Apnea..

(I've only had about 20 minutes to compares Razor Carbon with Razor Apnea... but personally I liked the R.Apnea better. Of course both are better than the plastic version.
Interesting - Apnea is a proper fin with a variable thickness. Do you by any chance remember what stiffness was the ones you tried? Razor Carbon is not a soft fin - my transverse arches would be very sore after swimming against currents. But it gives a good propulsion and a bit shorther than standard 80cm fins. I would assume Apneas were softer than Razors for you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT