• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

fire breathing?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fpernett

Nov 7, 2001
I read in a post of E. Fattah what he calls "fire breathing".
What is that kind of breathing?

Reactions: Erik
hi Frank

frank

Is that the post where Eric is telling us about his two best static days. My guess is some sort of mad hyperventilation what do you reckon. Has your brother Karl hit any pbs in static yet.

cheers

the only firebreathing I know of is when you breath really fast with your stomach. Search for pranayama or something on the net and you'll find out..

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the answers.
If fire breathing is that I knew it, but not with that name.
Ivan, My brother did 7'58" 3 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago he did a exhibition, breathing O2 at 50% for 3 minutes and did 12 minutes of static

hi frank

You are a hell of a lucky guy to have talent in your family like that. Is he goin to have a shot at wr at the worlds.

cheers

Not money

Hi Ivan,
Not enough money for WR.
He's going next week to Venezuela, maybe they can help.
We are not going to Hawaii. We are pointing to Turkey next year.

Sorry frank

hi

Sorry to hear that, things are a little tuff here for us at the moment as well. Anyways that will give him more time to prepare.

cheers

Frank, I wont speak for Eric F, but "fire breathing" is not only hyperventilating: there is more to it.....email Eric and ask him, he will explain it.
Erik Y.

Reactions: fpernett
Hi Frank.

Do you think you could post the "additional value" to fire breathing here after you'll understand it? I'm pretty curious about it since it sounds similar to some "aggressive breathing meditations" that I heard about from my ex-g/f, which didn't elaborate about it enough, but she learnt it from her Kung-Fu master. :martial

Eric's answer

Fire breathing = rapid shallow exhalations through pursed lips. The idea is to keep a nearly continuous 'greater-than-ambient' pressure in the lungs. Fire breathing involves as many as 2 breaths per second.

Eric's words

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT