• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First attempts at underwater photography...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Originally posted by Adrian
I will check that ledge out again this weekend visibility and weather permitting.

Adrian

Oooooo....it's so exciting! Adrian is going to be a papa :D .

Have mercy on me please! Where am I going to send all my little squiddies to school?

Adrian

Muchos Calamares fritos Adrian. MMMMMMMM

y en su tinta MMMMM times 2

Y rellenos :D

Nice photos guys! If I didn't go with the camera I have now, I would definately be considering the Oly C-5050.

Adrian, I just recently became Papa to a few sacks of squid eggs up here in the green pacific. I didn't know what they were until a few weeks back when I did some searching. The ones here are opalescent squid sacks. And as you can find in literature they either attatch them to sandy/muddy bottoms as individual sacks or as groups of clustering sacks when attatched to branchs or such. I came across a huge cluster and some individuals on the bottom. However, returning there regularly I have noticed that the individuals have disappeared at the cluster has a couple mangled sacks.

Then I go somewhere else looking for crabs and I run into more squid sacks... but with a red-rock crab clinging to a section of it that it ripped off or just a whole other batch of eggs. Eagerly the crab is working away at the eggs as I approach, but then pausing in action as I come closer. In the heat of my anger I swim at the crab, who deftly begins running along. Determined not to lose his feast at first he carries them with him. Finally sensing the hinderance and the peril that lies ahead, he drops the eggs. To no avail as I scoop up the crab and transport him to the surface. I should have taken a picture instead though.

Other than that, tube worms (aka. sea plumes, feather dusters) have become one of my favourite interests lately. Nice photo! I have been gathering quite a few of my own locally. So diverse and colorful these animals! But just the plain white ones can be so magnificent in their simplicity.

Cheers

those are some sweet pics fuzz...are you sure that is your first time around underwater photography??

keep up the goood work

I took pictures in the pool once of my target shooting, but this was the first time I got to take pictures of stuff that wasn't styrofoam :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT