• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First Fish Pic with Sony T1

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Here is a pic of a Scorpion Fish (Rascasio) which i took this morning with my T1

All you UW photographers gimme some pointers.

Shane

Attachments

• Rascasiosmall.JPG
    Rascasiosmall.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 239
Can't give you any pointers, but nice pic! used to see lots of them in the gulf - brown ones with yellow fins (when they flared).

Nice pic Shaca!
Here one pointer: I would love to have pics (at least one) from one dentex before you shoot it! lol

Cheers,

Roberto

Shane,

Do you have any picutres of the housing that you are using?

That camera looks tiny- which would be great for freediving!

Jon

Here is a pic of an eagle ray i encountered today.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can get better shots with moving targets?

This one was moving quite fast and its the best of about 5 pics i took

Shane

Attachments

• Eagle Raysmall.JPG
    Eagle Raysmall.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 203
I have the same problem with my digital Sony, easiest seems to get them from behind, and not from the side. Seems like there is less blurring that way. The shutter speed is just to slow in the low light underwater enviroment. Good luck.

Gerald

This camera has a SPORTS function which increases shutter speed.

You think this will do the trick?

Not really - won't hurt, but if you're in low light conditions typical of diving, you're probably already at your highest max shutter speed.

Only other option is to use an external strobe which would severely restrict mobility.

Looks good already, just take tons of shots & image composition will come naturally :D

Isn't that a bat ray? or are those also a kind of eagle rays? or bat eagle rays?:confused:
I searched fishbase, but for some reason I didn't see any pictures.

not sure what they are really ;)

Just know that the spine they have on their tail can really spoil the afternoon :(

If anyone has the proper name of this ray i would be grateful for the info.

Shane

It looks more like the first one to me.

Although not sure about the Great Eating mention it has received :yack

I have been told that only an hour after taking one of these from the water it wreaks of ammonia. I would rather observe their graceful swimming and keep my distance

Thanks for the info

Shane

Shane do you have photoshop? , I find that with a lot of my shots the blue cast can be corrected with the Levels button, You will see a major difference in reds etc.

the trick with sharks and rays is to gut them and skin them ASAP and give 'em a good rinse with sea water and store in an airtight place. after preparing them crub your hands with lots and lots of lime. either throw away whatever container you used, or scrub it down with lime. you are right with one thing though, watching them is better than eating them

Both sharks and rays belong to the same class of animals.
They use amonia (or some other kind of nitrogenic waste) to regulate their osmotic pressure, that's why they stink so much.
mishu1984 said:
you are right with one thing though, watching them is better than eating them
I agree. :)

No i dont use photoshop though i think i will start soon.

Only using microsoft photoeditor.

Rely on my photography skills (or lack of) to get me good pics

Shane

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT