• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First Guernsey Bass of the season !

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

portinfer

Aquatic shopper...
Jul 3, 2003
Well just back from the first bass session of the season (bit hipocritical if you see a previous post of mine to do with conservation but...erm..sometimes you just have to go in !)

Charlie got the last bass of last season and the first bass of this season.

A nice bass weighing in at 9 and a quarter pounds.

Bit of a fight as it was in shallow water but I'll try and get Charlie to write his own story....

In the meantime here are some pics.

Cheers
Ed

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldsarge
Oh yes - Dave F. many thanks for the tips. They paid off !

The water temp is rising a bit - it was 10 C today and quite calm. We went out at low water rising and had a loooong swim home but it was worth it. Most of the time we were out it was quite shallow and calm but then we went over to another spot and just as we were going in Charlie gave a yell and I saw him hauling this bass in.
I saw two large tails go past in the distance but didn't manage to land one.
This was in the surf zone and the fish were feeding... but anyway Charlie should tell the tale.
Ed

Nice Bass , should go down well:) I always find that these coldwater fish have a lot more fat in them and consequently taste better.
anyway well done.*jealous*

Huan - You are not the only one who is jealous.
I can't beleive I let them slip by me ..... oh well more days to come hopefully....
Charlie's grin says it all !

Reactions: Huan
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT