• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First Timer looking in South West England

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

subaholic

Apr 27, 2008
Hi,

I am looking for a good location along the South West Coast. (posted this in Dorset as well :confused:). I am also considering South Wales (Posted there to :confused:) as this is easy for me to travel to.
I have just purchased my equipment and I am new to this. :head
I am looking at going to Lulworthg Cove down to Babbacombe Bay as I have been told these are good areas. :friday
Can anyone tell me if this is true and if possible what the vis is like at present. I am hoping to go next weekend. :confused::confused::confused:

Welcome Subaholic from everyone i'm sure.

There are loads of places to try in the range you mentioned and loads of Spearo's in between to boot!!!! Torbay boys always banter on here so they will probably help you out down Babbacombe way and there also seems like quite a collective in Dorset.
I'm nearer Exeter and generally fish the East Devon coast.
James T on here is from Bristol, he might be a good contact for you. He and I met on the water last season only he was in the wet stuff and I was in my Orkney!
Ask about on the site for anything, people seem genuine and helpful.

Welcome again to spearing

Tribs

Out

Forgot my report.

Went to Budleigh today, total mare ripped my suit, viz ok 3-5 metres but no fish.

Tribs

Tribs,
Thanks for the information. Hope I catch up with some people that can advice me. Shame about suit and no fish but the viz sounds ok. I have a friend in Bristol that got me into this so he is advicing me but he is a novice still and only really knows 2 sites.
Depending on what happens I will be on the coast next weekend or heading down to the Mumbles as I hear this is ok.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT