• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First UCB world record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hmm, then the snow would have to be placed a bit more strategic

island_sands said:
I DARE YOU ALL to do it face upwards rofl

Yeah and tie the flag of your nation around your 'flagpole' to make it easier on the judges................

The unashamed movement in freediving takes on momentum! In some countries they don't even let you in the pool with a swimming suit on. Aaland announced World Championship in Unashamed Freediving in 2010. More details in Aaland's edition of the Playgirl :

nude_divers.jpg

Ah, just a joke - I found the photo on the web, so thought it belonged to this thread

I remember in Sweden's at the Nordic Deep competition Henning and Jesper did a very impressive DNF, wearing nothing but euh ... nothing. It was so impressive I don't know who won either the jury's price or the public's price. I'm sorry ladies I didn't have a camera at hand.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

The style was classical, belly down. But the preparation of the final dynamic heat, as Jesper and Henning were the two leading divers, was very special. Standing in full monofin gear they started gradually to put off things as the countdown went. It sure got the ladies attention, especially when as they surprisingly took of their trunks about 10s before Official Top. On of them did 50m, and the other just stopped a short distance earlier.

Kars

Yes - that swim was fantastic. It was the mens DYN Final. Henning, Jesper and Johan (SWE). I was in the car (going to the competition) when they decided to that joke... So I was ready with my UW cam when it happened.

It could have been a trick to distract poor Johan from bettering his DYN results... But the thing is that Henning and Jesper (total in front in the competition) was just tired of Max performances...

So the video exist... and its very funny... They didnt even wear weights, so they were kicking a lot rofl
And they had a theory that the speed of their swimming would make them streamline - that werent quite what happenend... rofl

Last edited:
Thats true - he ended up missing the 2nd place because of pulling...

And the Unashamed athletes had their dive DSQ due to surface protocol... :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT