• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fishermen and diver new to spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sachag11

May 4, 2020
Hi all!

I have been fishing my whole life. I just started an extensive freediving course even though I was diving my whole life without the safety knowledge needed. Recently I have gotten really into spearfishing with a Hawaiian Sling (three-pronged) in Hawaii but haven't brought a gun yet because I will be moving back to Turkey very soon. Once I get back I plan on getting a gun and diving in Turkey and around Europe very often. I travel around Europe very often and I was hoping to find some information and spots you guys like to dive in Turkey or anywhere in Europe. In any case, it would be cool to meet a couple of you and be part of a diving community in Europe.

Reactions: Mr. X
Welcome!

Diving in the Med after Hawaii will be quite a shock. When I see footage of the Hawaiian marine world I'm overflowing with jealousy. So many fish! Here I often feel like the marine version of Clint Eastwood.

I'd say try with the sling here first. You will be the only one without a gun and people will wonder what the heck you are doing, but it's possible here too and a lot of fun. I often find myself hunting normal reef fish with my lionfish-spear and when I then bring the gun it feels like it shoots a laser.

Turkey and Cyprus are btw also overflowing with lionfish, so your sling will come in handy for sure!

Welcome I recently bought a couple of Apnea spearguns, which are made in Turkey. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet though. They look pretty nice for the money.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT