• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Florida freediving schools?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jellyfish

Aug 4, 2003
Does anyone know of any reputable free diving clinics in florida? I have snorkeled before and have a dry hold of 1:30...I began this journey 3 weeks ago and since then have become obsessed.I wanted to spearfish and had no ideas or desires to go any further BUT! I did a dry hold just to see what I had and I di 45 secs! I was extremely ashamed of that and began working on it...I was amased that simply relaxing upped my time 30 secs...Then I tried slow breathing and BAM!!! I did at least 1:30! (my wife stopped the clock on me because I grunted at my son to stop askin questions..LOL MAAAAAAAAAAAN! I was feeling great! I just know I could have done two...LOL.. Well now I want to Be the verry best I can..I dont want to just hunt now..I want to compete oneday..I am not so arrogant to think I can do it overnight, but I know I can do it if I want it bad eanough...I want to find a school were I can learn more and really improve..Tf anyone can help me please leet me know..Take care and be safe!

Check out Kirk Krack's performance freediving at www.performancefreediving.com. We had him out here in Calgary last year and the course was terrific. Everyone made incredible gains that weekend. He regularly does clinics down in Miami.

uh yeah, just noticed too performance is a sponsor of this forum...

Thanks!

Thanks james, I have e mailed them..I tell you..I am verry excited..I never knew that the body can be so much more than we think...MAN! Cant wait for this weekend..Take care and be safe!
geo

No problem, keep working at it sounds like your off to a terrific start.

Theres some fantastic places to freedive in florida, off the east coast, down in the keys (we swam with wild dolphins there) and my personal favorite ginnie springs.

Try to hook up with a buddy if your going to be doing apnea in the water I believe theres a couple good clubs in the miami area and also up in St. Petes.

Have fun!

Contact Ricardo Hernandez - he teaches out of Miami and runs an excellent course as well.

You can reach him via his website or by email

thanks

Erick,
I contacted safer and I like the feeling of that place..I was contacted right away and the fellow was extremely understanding.Thanks again.

Chech Kirk Krack and Martin Stepaneck Freediving Courses at www.performancefreediving.com. I finish that course and I am very satisfired with. Exxelent freediving courses: lot of knoleage, pool amd ocean training, cool stuff and mutch more. this courses take place in Florida, Miami as well. Martin Stepanek lives in Ft Lodandale.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT