• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fluid Goggles- Fantastic Value

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Feb 15, 2016
Today,I received a pair of fluid goggles from Alex Geyzner. It took only one week for them to arrive and I have already tested them this afternoon. My verdict is that they are worth every penny. I am pleasantly surprised by how clearly I can focus with them and they are very comfortable. The image resolution is more than adequate for freediving on a line and is very close to normal focus. They need to be adjusted for each user so that the centres of the lenses are directly in front of the pupils. I know that my inter-pupillary distance is 64 mm so a quick adjustment of the nose-bridge set them up perfectly for me and they can be easily adjusted for anyone to whom I might lend them. Today´s tests were in shallow water without fins but I shall soon make a test using them for deep dives which is where their true value will become obvious because they do not need to be equalised for depth.

Someone asked about the possibility of their slipping off when swimming at high speed. I shall test this but it is worth noting two points on this subject: (1) They at made using the frames of Speedo goggles which are designed and used for competitive (i.e. fast) swimming, including diving into the water. Clearly, they are not dislodged during swimming races so it is unlikely that they would be dislodged at finning speeds. (2) When used for deep dives, the finning and freefall speeds are going to be at a relatively slow and relaxed anyway- not the sort of speeds which might rip off a pair of goggles which have a low profile.

I shall post an update when I make some deep dives with them. I hope to include some film or photo material to demonstrate their ease of use and the results of my dives with them.

Hi fellow freedivers. If you're interested in buying a pair you can contact me on the Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ifreedivexb

Photo: https://ibb.co/dNhjZS

dNhjZS

n21UfvkWLurs7GJKA

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT