• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For anyone who is interested

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jome

Jul 5, 2004
Hi all,

I've decided to start a more structured training for static. For now it's just been sort of on and off, when ever I feel like it.

As a part of it, to give my self structure and focus, I've also decided to write a daily diary of my trials, progress and observations. Since I'm basically a lazy bum, I went for a free and ready service and made it a blog.

This of course has a nice side effect of being public to anyone who is interested. I wouldn't mind some ideas and feedback either.

And to anyone thinking "this has got to be the most pathetic attempt to gain internet fame in the history of freediving", you just may be right ;)

Anyway, here it is: Static Apnea Challenge

Maybe I should just get a dog or something...

You are a lazy bum?!

Hi,
im really interested in your diary, because i have to make a work for my graduation and it is about how to increase the static performance... okay i try to look at it with a biological view, but i need as well a good stuctured training!
i try to find out why my performance increases on aspects like the CO2 tolerance - meassured with a capnograph - or increases my diving reflex...
I saw that you are a pretty good diver and you maybe can give some advices when i struggel or something like this... what do you think? i`d like to keep in touch with you...
anyway i will read your diary with big interests!

greets

Sure I'll be welcome to help you in any way I can.

I'm afraid my training isn't that "scientific". i just try different things and ideas, most of which I've read on these forums and try to see what works.

But that's also why I wanted to share this. Since I'm very much "in training", far from a complete diver, I thought that someone might get some ideas for their training too. I think it is valuable to hear the things that brought some one to good results, instead of what it's like being really good :)

I don't consider my self really a good diver, but it seems I have some "talent" in static apnea. Maybe it is my whale like physique (big, slow, and the mind of a cow), but it just somehow seems that static is my thing. I've made rapid progress in that dicipline, but pretty much suck at others. Still a long way to go...

But feel free to PM me and we can exchange email if you want.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT