• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Forgot my pump @ home

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

NiceGuy27

Apr 27, 2017
Hello out there!

I just noticed that i forgot my pump at home and I'm on a three week vacation with my lovely Predathor 100.

For the flight I lowered the pressure to 9 bars.

I honestly have no idea how the valve on the Predathor works. Do you guys know a way to get air into the gun? Maybe from a gasoline stations tire inflator?

How many shots could i possibly have with 9 Bar on low power?
It's my first time spearing.

Yesterday i clearly missed a nice Grouper, so the gas stove and pan is still clean ;)

Have a nice day!
Christian

Sorry to hear that and I wish I could bear better news but you are already way above car tire pressures so I am not sure a gas station pump can help you:(
Whereabouts are you now? Maybe with luck, there's a spearo or shop near you with a pump? Though sadly, the Salvi valve thread and design is different from the more prevalent Mares/Seac type.

The gun wont loose air as you shoot it, so it will stay at 9bar no matter how many shots you take.

Reactions: NiceGuy27
Back from fishing.
Just saw some juvenile Groupers and Parrot Fish yesterday, didn't take a shot.
Today we cought a nice snapper and a Bass I can't name. After this post i will start the gas stove, hope it tastes good :)

Thank you for your answer, Gecko.
Thats actually good news (at least the part with the not leaving air)
We have a second Predathor with us, this one is filled with 17 bars.
So we take the 9 bar for the hole shots.
Trip saved ;)

P.S.:
I don't know how, but i managed to hit both fish in the head :cigar:

Reactions: Diving Gecko
Happy to hear you have a second gun, that's great news:)
On a related note, I have stopped depressurizing the guns for air travel. Cargo holds are pressurized these days and 20 bar is nothing compared to a 200bar scuba tank and we don't have much air volume in the guns in the first place. I did check with a pilot friend of mine who said it was fine.

Reactions: NiceGuy27
I just wanna thank you, Gecko.
Especially for answering all my questions in another thread, I started some time ago.

I don't know If I would have landed such an amazing Cobia as a beginmer without your advice.
So, THANK YOU soooo much!!!!!

Much love from Thailand
Christian

img-20180119-wa0000.jpg.html
https://picload.org/view/ddccopci/img-20180119-wa0000.jpg.html[/IMG]

Reactions: Diving Gecko
What a stunning fish! Much bigger than anything I ever caught there. Huge congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT