• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Forum Style

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ricochet

Jul 23, 2004
Is there a way to use the old forum 'style' where the user data, avatar and so on is on the left side of the post?

Stephan,
First off, thanks for all that work you are doing! It'll be interesting getting used to the new format. I like the old style because I think that it was visually cleaner and easier to read, but that after some time everyone will have forgotten what the old style was like and feel easy with the new look - just natural human adaptability.

I'm interested in knowing more about "user groups" - I haven't found anything in the literature about it, and it's relevance to being able to upload more or less images plus any other features coming online?

Post a new pic of yourself Stephan, I'm sure you lost a lot of weight lately :D

Adrian

Ricochet said:
Is there a way to use the old forum 'style' where the user data, avatar and so on is on the left side of the post?
There is no way of setting up the old style for individual users. At present the whole system is set to use the Horizontal format rather than the Vertical format. At present we have no plans to change this, although we will be looking to add more "styles" to the forum so you have a choice of designs in the future.

Adrian said:
First off, thanks for all that work you are doing! It'll be interesting getting used to the new format. I like the old style because I think that it was visually cleaner and easier to read, but that after some time everyone will have forgotten what the old style was like and feel easy with the new look - just natural human adaptability.
Exactly - the old design was good but we've decided to implement this design. We will continue to evaluate changes on a weekly basis but for the time being we're confident that users will like the new design.

Adrian said:
I'm interested in knowing more about "user groups" - I haven't found anything in the literature about it, and it's relevance to being able to upload more or less images plus any other features coming online?
User Groups are a way of allowing us to provide different functionality to different parts of the community. The majority of groups will be free but there will be some Premium (i.e. paid) ones that will allow you to have increased functionality. I'll be posting more information when they come online.

Adrian said:
Post a new pic of yourself Stephan, I'm sure you lost a lot of weight lately :D
I really don't think you want to see what I look like now!

Stephan Whelan said:
[...]we will be looking to add more "styles" to the forum so you have a choice of designs in the future.

I'd realy appreciate that. :cool:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT