• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Free dive training Aarhus anyone?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi L!

Sorry nobody has replied to you before!
Yes, worlds best freedivingclub is located in Aarhus (ie. most athletes on world ranking ;-)
Our website is currently only in danish, but as I can see form your profile that it is also your location, so maybe it´s not such a big challenge :)

Feel free to write me or some of the guys listet on the website.

H!

Hi L!

Sorry nobody has replied to you before!
Yes, worlds best freedivingclub is located in Aarhus (ie. most athletes on world ranking ;-)
Our website is currently only in danish, but as I can see form your profile that it is also your location, so maybe it´s not such a big challenge :)

Feel free to write me or some of the guys listet on the website.

H!
The Lazy Seal Freediving Club challenges you as the best freediving club ;)

Current & former members:
Kathryn McPhee
Guy Brew
Dave Mullins
Kerian Hibbs
Me
Phil Clayton

I think we have about a dozen members total. It's a pity an interclub championships would be so difficult. That would be great fun!

aarhus is the best city in the world of course it has a great fd club ;) welcome to db mate

Hohoho, how should I have known, that my claim would cause a reaction…I think we are about to hijack Lungfish88´s thread! :D

Hi Chris, you guys are an impressing and intimidating bunch indeed!:martial
Especially Guy did quite a job during WC09 in Aarhus!
Well, so did Kurt Larsen in planning the whole event, so I think I´ll try to ask him, if he can come up with some idea for an online freediving championship ;)

Titan; thanks for the welcome mate. Indeed Aarhus is a great city; you would not happen to be from around here, when not in travel mood?

PS. I don't know if you guys had these playing cards when you were children, where there were decks with cars, airplanes, motorbikes and so on. Anyway, one idea for the online championship could be this playing card game, just with freedivers, clubs or teams instead of cars or airplanes ;)

I'm planing to move to arrhus don't know when but I will I just have to finish college first, anyway you can hope to see me at your aarhus triple depth anyway I'm not hard to distinguish I'm brazilian looking dude with clothes and a tan, not hard to miss in place whre I just saw blonde or black no middle term :p

I would go there this winter but dahab sounds so delicous to take my divemaster :)

of course this thread would cause polemic since one the most well organized comps in the history of apnea was made there recently I was there just an spectator (Portugal didn't made a team to go thre :() but for atp I will make everything at hand to be there I think a good freindly ambience beats still beats cristal waters ;)

Hi T!

You shall be more than welcome in Aarhus Fridykkerklub and at Aarhus Triple Challenge; I´ll keep my eyes open ;)
And enjoy your divemaster; hope you find friendly ambience around the Dahab crystal waters :D

S!

Hi Chris

Sorry for the delay; needed to clarify something with some former members.
So here is the list/count of AarhusFridykkerklub current and former members on world ranking, which we will throw in to claim the title as "worlds best" :king

Henning Larsen
Stig Severinsen
Rune Hallum
Peter Petersen
Sofus Krutsmann
Elisabeth Kristoffersen
Jesper Stechmann
Lars Strandridder
Kurt Lykke Larsen

Anyone else wanna´ join the competition in the category "amount of names"?
Suggestions for prizes: a water ring; a samba lesson or what about a bottle of whole milk for the lactic training? :D

H!

So here is the list/count of AarhusFridykkerklub current and former members on world ranking, which we will throw in to claim the title as "worlds best" :king

Henning Larsen
Stig Severinsen
Rune Hallum
Peter Petersen
Sofus Krutsmann
Elisabeth Kristoffersen
Jesper Stechmann
Lars Strandridder
Kurt Lykke Larsen
H!

Don't forget the results:
Team world champion 2006 (Stig, Peter P, Henning)
Pool world champion 2007 (Dyn: Stig, DNF: Stig. secound place Elisabeth)
Pool world champion 2005 (DNF: Stig)
5x World records (DYN: Peter, Stig. DNF: 2xStig. CNF: Stig)
World ranking 2000 (DYN: #5 Stig)
World ranking 2001 (DYN: #10 Stig. STA: #8 Stig)
World ranking 2002 (DYN: #2 Peter P, #3 Stig. DNF: #2 Stig, #4 Peter S, #5 Peter P, #8 Henning. STA: #1 Stig)
World ranking 2003 (DYN: #1 Peter P, #2 Stig, #6 Henning, #8 Peter S. DNF: #1 Stig, #2 Peter P, #5 Henning. STA: #3 Stig)
World ranking 2004 (DYN: #8 Peter P)
World ranking 2005 (DYN: #2 Stig, #4 Peter P, #7 Henning. DNF: #2 Stig, #10 Henning. STA: #10 Stig. CWT: #5 Peter P)
World ranking 2006 (DYN: #1 Henning, #4 Stig, #5 Peter P. DNF: #6 Henning. STA: #3 Stig. CWT: #8 Peter P. CNF: #7 Stig)
World ranking 2007 (DYN: #2 Stig, #5 Peter P, #8 Henning, #2 Elisabeth. DNF: #1 Stig, #6 Henning. STA: #1 Stig, #5 Elisabeth. CWT: Peter P)
World ranking 2008 (DYN: #4 Henning, #5 Stig, #5 Elisabeth. DNF: #10 Stig, #7 Elisabeth. STA: #4 Stig. FIM: #10 Elisabeth)
Organizer of the world indoor championship 2009 (Kurt)

correct me in i am wrong or miss something

Yahuuuu Rune, you and I have waaaaay too much time to sit around finding out shit like this rofl

See you in the water in a few hours :friday

H!

;) hey, cheers everyone for the feedback! Ill probably know after Christmas if im staying more permanently here in Aarhus (work related). If so ill definitely be joining the club.

Hyg jer med dykningen indtil da :friday!

Hi Lungfish

Tak og lige over, hehe. Du skal være så velkommen :D
(Thank´s, you too, hehe. You are welcome (in the freediving club))

H!

Very nice!

Our history isn't nearly as old, I'm afraid. How many members do you have?

Hi Chris

Currently around 35 members, but only around 15 with a steady activity.

Very best regards
H!

Hi everybody

We are having an introduction evening for new members on 11th nov. 2009 at 19.00 o´clock in Gellerupbadet. You are more than welcome :girlie

H!

Well, to clear such disputes like the one in this thread, I included club statistics in the APNEA.cz ranking, so you can see which club has the best performances, best average performances, most medals, most Word Records, or even the clubs with the highest number of blackouts, or the highest ratio BO's/starts, DQ's/starts, and many other rankings and statistics.

However, to get the club ranked, you need to register it at APNEA.cz. It is really not in my power to assign each of all those 4,200+ competitors and their 22,000+ performances to the appropriate clubs. If you found the "APNEA.cz team" for your club, and ask the club members to join the team, all their results will be ranked automatically. Changes of club during the history are also possible, but when the member first registers, unless he was already a member of another club, all his past results will be assigned to the club he joins.

Currently there are only six clubs with ranking results, but hopefully some of you will register your club too, so that we get more complete statistics.

Well, the registration of the club costs 9.95€ (single time fee, and only for the founder, all other club members can join for free), but I hope you do not mind this small charge. It is supposed to help me financing the server. Currently I did not manage to cover even a 0.1% of the costs, so I do not think it is an exaggerated demand. And if your club cannot afford paying that amount, do not hesitate to contact me.

Last edited:
... and besides the inter-club reports that can help you comparing the Aarhus Freedving club with the Lazy Seal, or others, I just added also intern club ranking to the club websites that comes automatically with every team you found at APNEA.cz. Check it out for example on the team website of Cyrnéa:

Cyrnéa - Ranking

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT