• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

free diving in seattle area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

palinuro

Jan 9, 2008
Hello so happy to find this fourm,I fell in love with free diving as a kid,my father was from a small town in Italy named Palinuro,I would spend most of my summers there and because it's on the Meditaranian well diving is a part of life. I wanted to be a driver on a n oil rig as a kid but my father advised againest it knowing people who performed this type of work he knew how hard it is on the body. Being a stubern kid I took all my scub gear with me to Italy.My father introduced me to a friend of his who was the best diver in the area.So the next day we went diving,well i ran out of air fast one reason it was my first open water dive and second it was so beautiful.. So anyway up we went I consummed all my air in 10 min.On our way back to the port my new friend told me tomorrow bring only your mask wet suit and weight belt.I was bumed.Damm I thought what the hell are we going to do.
Well morning I went we put our stuff on and around the mountains we went he with a spear gun me just watching as this man dove over and over for three hours evertime to depths over 160 feet well I was hooked.never used a tank again well almost.
That summer i spent everyday with that man that summer my best dive was 80 feet a calm slow dive.
Well my father died a few years later and life changed.
Back in Michigan I tried free diving in Lake St Clair bad idea.
So now I am in Washington hoping to find a group that free dives in the Seattle area.

Sorry for my long winded thread

Welcome to the forums! If you want to find someone to dive with, try 'Find a Buddy and Places to Dive' subforums. Those have been kind of narrowed down into specific areas. Try posting in there and see what you find. It's obvious that you enjoy diving. Have you considered a freediving clinic? Do you spearfish? Again, welcome and I hope you find your diving buddies :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT