• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

free willie , keiko is dead

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eios

Dec 13, 2003
The 26 y.o. killerwhale Keiko died today in Taknesfjorden in Norway, He died from natural causes.
:waterwork

Sad indeed

But hey, what the h### makes people bury a whale on dry land :head just wondering.

Joe

Did they really bury it? That's insane.
Erik Y.

How come he died in Norway? Wasn't he an american whale? Or did they really free him?

I never saw the movie.

That's because the U.S. based Free Willy Keiko Foundation doesn't want its chief commodity disappear without a trace. There's money making opportunity in it too..."Visit the grave where Keiko is buried..."

Sorry if I sound a little jaded...

Peter S.

I guess the idea of burying him on land would allow them to dig up his bones at a later date and put them on display in a museum.

Jon

Originally posted by Longfins
Sorry if I sound a little jaded...

Gee, youre not one of those people who thinks that the millions of dollars wasted on a single futile gesture would have been better spent funding research or enviromental initiatives?

Common sense got to you too eh?

Hey guys

Yesterday i read in a Danish newspaper that the Keiko foundation wanted Keiko on land to avoid "whale pirates" cutting him into pieces and selling him as collectables :hmm yeah right BLOOD SUCKERS :naughty

Apparently the attached img, shows Keikos final resting place.

Joe

HHmm

And why did i not attech that image!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• keiko.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 410
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…