• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive buddy in Portsmouth?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nickmhorne

Jan 15, 2017
Hi all,

Just moved back to Portsmouth.. looking for freedive buddies/groups or clubs to train with. I have SSI level 2. Looking to practice statics and dynamics perhaps once a week? Suggestions much appreciated!!
Also keen on a spearing trip or two

Many thanks!

Nick

Hi all,

Just moved back to Portsmouth.. looking for freedive buddies/groups or clubs to train with. I have SSI level 2. Looking to practice statics and dynamics perhaps once a week? Suggestions much appreciated!!
Also keen on a spearing trip or two

Many thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick,

I'm in Petersfield, so not far at all. Thought I would say hi!

Hey, Im up for freediving in Portsmouth, will be living in South Sea, moving this month. Im SSI L3. Really want to learn spearfishing too! Let me know :D

Hey, Im up for freediving in Portsmouth, will be living in South Sea, moving this month. Im SSI L3. Really want to learn spearfishing too! Let me know :D

Hey! I'm a complete newbie, went on my first course in September. Also interested in spearfishing.
Noted you're a student nurse, I've been qualified about 4.5 years!

Hey, ahh amazing ohh we will have lots to chat about we should meet up sometime.. check out some places to dive or train ? where abouts are you ?

Hi all, I’m only in Haslemere so if there’s room for another here please let me know. Don’t mind coming down to Portsmouth, only about 25 mins away

Hey, ahh amazing ohh we will have lots to chat about we should meet up sometime.. check out some places to dive or train ? where abouts are you ?

Sounds like a plan! I live in Petersfield, not far up the A3. I'm with the GoFreediving club, they have weekends in Vobster. Club nights weekly but arena little far and it's not a fun commute in winter.

Always room for more in my opinion! Where do you train?

Well, thats just it - I don't at the moment. I did my initial training a few years ago with NoTanx and then started going to Woking with the 'freedive collective' but it was a pain to get there at the times they train. Im actually hoping to get on the next course to refresh with GoFreediving funnily enough, certainly looks like the best place to go within reasonable distance.

Well, thats just it - I don't at the moment. I did my initial training a few years ago with NoTanx and then started going to Woking with the 'freedive collective' but it was a pain to get there at the times they train. Im actually hoping to get on the next course to refresh with GoFreediving funnily enough, certainly looks like the best place to go within reasonable distance.
I recommend GoFreediving, really friendly bunch. Vobster may feel a little far but there's cheap accommodation about and it's easy to make a weekend of it.
Shame there is no where closer to us! What was Woking like?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I recommend GoFreediving, really friendly bunch. Vobster may feel a little far but there's cheap accommodation about and it's easy to make a weekend of it.
Shame there is no where closer to us! What was Woking like?

Yeah, I'll see what dates I can get soon. Woking was really good, nice people too. Hour dry session then in the water at 9... meant I got home pretty late, I'd definitely go back if I were closer. If we got a few of us in our area theres nothing stopping us meeting at a pool now and then... doesn't look like a huge interest round here though to be fair, I put up a post a while ago and didn't get a response

ive never been diving in the UK .. so im gona have a bit of a shock but I really want to get in to cold water.

GoFD have released a load of 2018 dates for courses from April.

Certainly happy to meet in a local pool. I swim regularly at the Taro in Petersfield. It does the job! No good for depth (1.2m!)

Cold water makes all the difference! One of the ladies I trained with had her own suit and was far too cold to function!

Hello guys! My name is George and i've just completed a RAID beginner course in malta - its equivalent to AIDA 2.

I just got some kit and keen to go out with some people who wouldn't mind a newbie tagging along for practice. I'm in the Portsmouth area.

Thanks!

Hi George,

In in the process of completing my RAID freediver. Just need to sign off a couple of skills.

Happy to join forces! Do you drive? Friend and I are planning a dive day at Vobster next month. Vobster Quay should definitely be on your radar if not already.

Hey guys

Is anyone still searching for a buddy around Portsmouth? I've been scuba diving for years, I recently got into freediving, could do with a buddy

Safe diving!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT