• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive buddy in Portsmouth?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey everyone,

Looking for spearfishing buddy(ies) around Portsmouth. Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Chris

Reactions: Nickmhorne
Hi Guys, Ive been away for a while.. Getting back into Freediving and would love to get involved with some spearos.. I am Portsmouth based..give us a shout back!

Hi Guys.. Well that was a long 5 months away! Went all over the place, then got tied up with setting up a small business. Dead keen to get back into the blue. Are you guys meeting up at a local pool or anything? Looking to get my dive fitness back up there ready for the summer!

Hi Guys.. Well that was a long 5 months away! Went all over the place, then got tied up with setting up a small business. Dead keen to get back into the blue. Are you guys meeting up at a local pool or anything? Looking to get my dive fitness back up there ready for the summer!
Welcome back!

I'm keen too. I'm in Wickham now. Where are you based? Got a friend who is interested in having a go too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Welcome back!

I'm keen too. I'm in Wickham now. Where are you based? Got a friend who is interested in having a go too.

Hi! Im central Portsmouth! Great, would be good to meet a couple of people.. perhaps somewhere central to us all? Do you know any local pools that are ok with people practicing?

Hey guys

I am also keen to join, I have not been training for some time but it would be good to start preparing for the season. Practicing in a small group would be fun.
I am in Cosham.

Martin

Great.. well let's set something up. Perhaps a pool meet. I'll ask some of the local pools and see what they say. Can practice a bit of dynamic.. it's been a while for me!

Reactions: martin_strak
I did a scout last year for how deep a pool I can find. Southampton have a diving pool that's 5m deep. I never got round to asking how they would feel it's use out of diving hours. Could ask there too? Not for regular use, but I know I could do with decent duck dive practice!

Ah great, that's a good shout.. I'll have a look online and see if I can set something up one evening in a couple of weeks

Nick, maybe with time you'll get us the access to SETT facility in Gosport ! I know they used to allow recreational diving in the past
I am usually flexible with the evenings, so it will work.
Anyone up for a drink meanwhile?

The tank is closing this year sadly!

Up for a drink in the meantime. I work shifts so I can be free in the evening, as long as I'm not working that day/night.

Oh, that's a sad info indeed. I guess 5m at Southampton's pool will do.

I work Mon-Fri so almost any evening works for me.

Yeah.. it's now 12 degrees and draining unfortunately! Yeah I'll be up for a drink. As a side note, just made contact with mulberry freedivers over in bognor..30 min drive and they have pool meets. Anyone heard of them? Could try it out a few times whilst getting sorted for a place over here

I've met Anya who runs Mulberry Freedivers. Really nice, approachable and chilled out. I approached her when I was looking for training closer to home last year (didn't work in the end as I had an RTC, but back this year and more determined!)

Away this weekend, sorry.. let's catch up next week? I made contact with mulberry divers in Selsey. Going to have a check out with the instructor before joining the pool sessions. They do trips and training in the sea off Selsey and sometimes travel to Chesil beach too. It's about 35 million drive from here though.
Spoke to Anna there, said might be some interest so feel free to get in touch..

Hi all, slightly jumping the gun here as I'm not freediving yet but keen to get going asap and looking for some local guidance and information possibly?

With regards to training, would I be right in thinking vobster is the place the majority go to for courses around here or is there somewhere else more local? I see Woking was mentioned, is that a specific deep pool and if so is that offering courses do you know please?

Meeting up, are any of you meeting? My experience is mostly scuba (instructor level but non teaching for a long long while) but I know hobbies like this are hard to keep up if you've not got anyone to do it with regularly so keen to see if anyone is doing this locally first.
I also have a 6m rib so keen to get out and use that for some freediving, spearfishing and UW photography in the summer months if that appeals to anyone. We mostly use for family days to the beach but with the Solent and iow so accessible it seems ideal for some days out (if there are any good known locations??)

Cheers,
Tom.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT