• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive Cert (which school, how much)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fishimani

Leagues Deep
Dec 28, 2008
I have been perusing through a host of different freediving schools in order to recieve some good instruction on technique and safety....though i am a spearo at heart, i dont see how a longer hang time and breath hold would hurt. Eventually i would hope to instruct other people on freediving and perhaps even spearfishing (maybe there is someone else who is as enthusiastic as i am about it!!!) So what are some good schools...i priced performance freediving and without a ticket to hawaii (the closest school) it would cost me over 3000 dollars to reciave the instruction i would like......are there any alternatives ...something more cost effective? Is there an internationally recognized certification for freediving ...as PADI is for scuba...what takes that place for freedivers? ....i know there is a few questions here but any input would help.

Here are some names to help your searching:

The first is AIDA which has several levels of courses from beginner up to instructor and more.

Another organization is CMAS. There is also is the Apnea Academy, and PFI, an American school.

Not sure what your best bet is being in Guam. Most of the courses seem to be in Europe, but maybe PFI do courses in Guam sometimes, being a US territory. ?

I guess a lot of freedivers train one on one and forgo official certification. But I think its important, especially if you want to teach. I did an AIDA course last year with Emma Farrell of Deeper Blue, and it was great, I learnt a lot.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT