• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive fins and scuba travel bag

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mik3ydll

Jan 7, 2018
I'm looking for a bag to use for plane travel. It should fit freedive fins, also scuba gear and of course the usual stuff like toiletries and clothes.
I've tried the Beuchat Explorer Roll, but the handle broke after one trip and I got my money back by sending it in.
So now I'm looking for another one that is better suited.
So far I've looked at Mares Attack Titan/Cressi Gorilla, Mares Apnea Backpack (as gear bag only) and Osprey Rolling Transporter 120L.

Duffel bag: difficult to lug around? protection?
Backpack: too small, protection?
Osprey: expensive, heavy

I'm happy for any suggestions and to hear of your travel luggage setup.

Hi! I have the Cressi Gorilla and I think it does the job. Some carbon fins can even fit inside (the shorter ones, for example the Mares Razor C740, so it's pretty handy in case you're not allowed to take your fins with you, or just for storage)

for my last travel i bought the omer new tekno which would be a great bag.
the huge problem is that the zipper is really terrible quality, as the slider (cheap plastic) came off super easy and is impossible to get back on.

I had a Mares Attack Titan , for me was very uncomfortable to carry due the size when full of equipment. I sold it. I suggest something with backpack option or small wheels.

for my last travel i bought the omer new tekno which would be a great bag.
the huge problem is that the zipper is really terrible quality, as the slider (cheap plastic) came off super easy and is impossible to get back on.
A buddy of mine get rid of his Tekno either, the zipper got busted.

I have been using an Eagle Creek Duffel bag (not currently made) since 1995. It is 36-38" long and holds Mares razor Carbon fins even with the footpockets attached. I recently started removing footpockets for travel. It has built-in shoulder straps A new (slightly inferior) version of it is called Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel Bag. Get the largest size. They are still around. They also have an attachment for shoulder starps (sold separately). This bag is bulletproof. I have an Omer Tekno as well - can not trust it.
Those bags are extremely light - no wheels. I pack it to 23 kilos for air travel. The best thing ever

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT