• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freedive school owners: applying for internship

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

leolutz

Dec 18, 2014
Hi!

I'm planning to apply for a 3-month internship for freediving. I'm 21 years old and without experience in either scuba diving or freediving.

Well, I have some experience with Freediving. When I was 16 years old, I spent a month working alongside marine biologists identifying shallow reef corals and quadrant assessment of the seabed. That actually required a lot of snorkeling and going down to adjust the pipe squares. I can also do coliform tests on water if that is of some interest. Also breed tridacna gigas and squamosa (giant clams). Hehe

You see, I only speak 3 Filipino languages and English. Freediving schools would definitely prefer someone who could speak Chinese or Korean etc. I speak Italian and Bahasa but only very very basic. (Mi chiamo Leo hehe)

I weigh around 70 kilos and with a height of 5'7". I'm on a diet because I understand being lean can help with the breathing. I tried breath up methods and measured that I can hold my breath for up to 1:30.

I'm just really not confident that I'd be a good candidate. Any advice on how I can be a candidate that you'd want as an intern? Anything I can do to improve my intern potential? (going to Bali early January; thinking of doing "Discover" dives but they can be expensive there)

PS: I'm self-sustaining, I have a great job as a freelance copywriter for several marketing companies and I'm also a contributing blogger for a great NYC-based blog. I guess I can swoon them with my online marketing experience? Hehe. I'm eyeing an internship in Koh Tao.

@leolutz - you might want to get in contact directly with the dive centres in Thailand (Koh Tao has Apnea Total, Blue Immersion and Big Blue Freediving off the top of my head). Let us know how you get on!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT