• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediver in Alabama seeking friends

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trad_archer

Feb 24, 2005
Freediver in Alabama seeking dive buddys

Im Shane and I live in Alabama near Birminmham and was wondering if there are any other spearo's nearby to train with. I know some great places to train as well as a few to hunt. I go to the coast alot and was wanting to work back to some good depths and bottom time. We train in rock quarrys with about 30' vis and shoot in that are bout the same. I have been diving for 15years and spearing for 4years. I am a safe diver as i dive mostly alone but to push yourself, you need a buddy. Anyone close to Birmingham wanna do some practice or maybe shoot a few fish? I also know a few productive beach dives at west beach as well as some clear lakes north of here and a boat to dive from. Any Takers?

Last edited:
I live in Birmingham also. I do not have that much experience with freediving and only really started doing it last summer at bluewater. I have not done any diving this winter and I am just now starting back working out because I am going to take a class in Miami in July. So I would love to go and dive and also maybe learn to hunt.

J.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT