• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediver order from catalog

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

apnea55

Sep 25, 2001
No response from Freediver after purchase of Terry Maas book. I received my first order from them with out a problem. I ordered the Terry Maas book aug 27th got a message from Howard on oct. 15th to be patient. Since then he has not responded to my emails or my requests for a refund. I am disappointed with the service. Has anyone else had a problem with them? I do not think that I will order again from them. I am glad that I am only out $30.

I have heard a very similar story from someone in the UK. I had no problem getting back issues, a subscrription, and a shirt for my wife though. Maybe post something directly on the freediver guest book; maybe he's got too much email to deal with.
Good luck,
Erik Y.

Karma?

Eric,

I think the concept of Karma is bad. (I clicked the little green dot on the forum next to my name.) I used to believe in yoga and
particularly Zen. I trained with an American Zen master at a monastery in upstate New York. What I learned in a positive sense was that the body can absorb alot of pain and the mind can decide to identify with it or not. The best students were the ones who did not use the mind to deny the body. They discovered their own unique spirit and learned to suffer in harmony with the experience with the help of God. Not the "force be with you God", but God. They were compassionate and full of life because they chose to suffer with the suffering.

Karma lets people suffer because of past deeds. It is ok to watch a beggar in the streets starve to death...after all its just Karma. I think that karma is man made concept to give the haves the excuse to ignore the have nots. If I am hungry or sick or something closer to home...if I am drowning I would like some help me.

Sorry for the long explanation, I liked your response, I just did not like the Karma comment. I think you are a great guy...
although your girlfriend deserves more than a T-shirt from Freediver.

I have to tell you that I was as patient as I could be with Howard. I explained to him that I needed the book "Freediver"
by Terry Maas for a class and I could order it state side. I asked if I could have a refund. That was the end of the communication and that was two months ago.(Freediver is prompt about emails when they bill you) This thing speaks for iself. Freediver has a policy of a 28 day wait for product not 90 days. Any way I told him two weeks ago that I would post this on the forum. Still no response. He could have refunded my money 60 days ago. The forum must consider that bad Karma too or are the rules flexible for friends? Hope you do not the mind the long note, its only my second since I joined. I would have sent more threads but I was busy sending emails to Howard...poor chap!

Thanks for the forum:)

?

Hello my friend, I assure you that I didn't post anything on your "karma". Someone else want to own up to whatever was said to apnea55?
Actually, I don't believe in Karma at all. I think the concept of Karma is another way to promote guilt, the concept of punishment, and a judgemental God.
I hope you get your stuff; 30 pounds is a lot of money.
Namastay ;)
Erik Young
ps, that puts me at 300 posts! I wish I lived closer to water, where there is no winter.:(

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT