• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers in Durban

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ali_fd

Aug 21, 2005
hi there my name is Ali...

I am going to South Africa this week to do my commercial diving course and will be wanting to freedive sometime.. i will be there 12 weeks.

Any freedivers in Durban? Would love to meet up, never been to SA before, although my girlfriend is South African ;)
please send me a PM or email
thanks.

Reactions: Alison
Your girlfriend is south african? She sounds like someone to treat with care, I have a friend who is south african, she needs treating with care! Cant help out with Durban but best of luck anyway and look out for your knees :)

Ali,

There's plenty of oppotunities to do a bit of freediving in and around Durban.....most of the guy's who do it are spearo's, however, Iam sure one of the local dive operators would take you out on a boat. I used to be a member of Durban Underwater Club (Known locally as DUC) and they have a big membership and are always very helpful. They were located near Vetches pier near the harbour, but may have moved as they have recently built a new aquarium complex here.
If you don't have access to a boat, there are lots of reef's that run up and down the coasts and are within access from the shore,but usually involve quite scarey shore entries through the surf- best to hitch up with a local!

good -luck

Justin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT