• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers in New South Wales Australia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AussieFreediver

Aug 7, 2001
G'day to all. Just a post to see if we are able to find some Freedivers in the Wollongong area of NSW. I Freedive and Scuba as well as Spear with a local shop and have the chance to dive and learn from the 3 time Australian Champion Andy Ruddock on a regular basis. So if there are divers out there who would like to join us please feel free to contact me and I will put you in contact with the shop. Hopefully we will be able to get a group together in the area.
Thanks for a great site guys, keep it happening.
Wayne :)

wayne, howzit. i'm a capetownian but will be in sydney next month for 3 months. i would very much like to get in some freediving and spearing while there. if you had a name or number you could put me in touch with i would be very gratefull. thanks
bevan

Hi Wayne,
i have just returned from o/s and am staying at bondi. Looking for someone to freedive(to do proper training) with. Please give me some info regarding Ozzie freediving, have been:head trying to find info but to no avail. Also enjoy spearfishing.
cheers pete

Moving to Sydney area

Hi guys . In response to Waynes thread , I'll be moving to near Wollongong in Jan 2002 . I've been mainly spearfishing around Kona area of Big Island Hawaii , so I'll be a newbee to cold Sydney water for diving :( I'd be happy to find some buddies to help fend off the pesky Sydney sharks !:duh

Last edited:
hey you guys!

I have a friend who is coming to oz in a few weeks for a while from England, she is on the UK team, and is looking to train while in oz, if you guys could pass me any details about f'diving in oz, then i'm sure she would be grateful of some buddies and freediving friends while she is there - thanks !

I live at the Gold Coast on the border of Qld and Nsw and very keen to catch up
with other freedivers.I dont have a boat and havent done a lot of diving in this
area but do know of some spots close to hear that others use.Anyone within
2-3 hours drive please send a message and we can catch up.

Hey guys I've been out of touch- sorry.

I'ts been a while since I had a chance to get a look see on the post progress. I should have looked earlier, sorry to all fellow divers.
For anyone interested in details on who to contact in the Wollongong area. As follows Anglers Tackle & Dive: Contact Morris. Last add in International Freediving page 7. Let him know Wayne put you on to him and he will look after you.

Hope to see you soon in the water,
Wayne (AussieFreediver)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT